Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

weekapaugrooove t1_j90cj2s wrote

You know what I want at work? AR with my computer in it that projects a massive screen/workspace and a fucking killer app that makes configurable screens and windows, layouts as flow centric for what I'm doing as possible,

Something I could take anywhere and have the power of my laptop and ultrawide workspace on-demand and anywhere in the world.

Once we get there, knock yourself out and come up with some cool video chat stuff, but build it on top of a well-done OS.

Do you know what I don't want? To be forced to go to a meeting in FB (or any other corp) hellscape. But, I'm only counting down the days I need to make mindless small talk in front of some bullshit fake auditorium while waiting for my All hands Workplace meeting to start.

lexshotit t1_j90ho1p wrote

You're talking about a VR app called Immersed that already exists. It uses the passthru cameras from the headset.

BezniaAtWork t1_j9grihm wrote

The cameras still need to be improved. I used the Meta Quest Pro for a month and definitely liked the progress that has been made, but it's still got a long way to go before it's something I'd use on a daily basis for work.

lexshotit t1_j9gteb1 wrote

I've been using it on the Pico 4 and it works just fine. The camera is good enough to see what I need to see, which is only my keyboard.