Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Not_as_witty_as_u t1_ivfmp30 wrote

Not that you would, but a $300 solution to PTSD from war zones is pretty good value even if you had to do that, no? Can you just not help yourself from being cynical?

Modsda3 t1_ivgg1na wrote

For real. I've had cptsd from combat for 10 years now. Woke up disoriented and completely drenched in sweat and absolutely drained just last night. This tech could be a game changer for me.

deepseadinko t1_ivim946 wrote

If you do succeed in getting this I would love to hear a follow-up sometime down the road.

mishap1 t1_ivfo1v8 wrote

If it works, it's a dirt cheap solution. Not criticizing the innovation. The commentary is on Apple's lack of focus on increasing battery life on these. I've gone to the Ultra as my 4th iteration but I could routinely run my last gen to reserve power in the course of a day and anything but near religious charging discipline means a dead watch.

Few things are more frustrating than having a watch crap out mid-day because you forgot to charge. Other brands have watches that last longer and have the same sensors so I don't exactly see where this is an Apple unique feature. It's just a bit of PR fluff unless there's a patent on it here. I say this as a very long time AAPL shareholder.

−39

Not_as_witty_as_u t1_ivfrhly wrote

>Apple's lack of focus on increasing battery life on these

Yeah because surely they're not trying to improve that...

I don't know what to tell you but I sleep with mine on and charge while showering/getting ready for the day and I'm good.

Mg2836 t1_ivha1sv wrote

I mean whats the competition….

mishap1 t1_ivfuaeq wrote

They reached a good enough point of 18 hours and spent any other gains in cutting costs. Same with their phones.

I get the expectation that people are always near chargers and I always carry a charger. That said, my 6 would be deep into reserve power before I get back to a charger probably once a week especially if I did any exercise in the day. It'd never last to the morning if I ever wore it without a solid charge.

Perhaps I am just too much of a power user or I don't sleep enough but the margin of error on the base watches doesn't seem sufficient for medical use.

−28

Tball2 t1_ivijt2y wrote

Then why did you buy 4 iterations. Buy one of the alternatives if they have the same sensors and have the battery life you crave so badly