Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

imetators t1_ivj1vlo wrote

I have joined r/gadgets a long ass time ago and it usually had variety of gadget news posted here. For the past 2 weeks or so there's a sudden boom of articles about Apple and their technology saving people's lives. Sometimes they say that their product saved someone's live in the title but in the article it barely helped if helped at all yet the title grabs your attention. In cases when people just read the title (let's face it, it happens more than we want to admit) they will swallow fake information with ease.

And as many others stated here, these posts started to pop up at a perfect time right before Christmas shopping season. Makes us think that it was all planned.

MrFluffyhead80 t1_ivjh72r wrote

Ok, you didn’t answer the question

−1

imetators t1_ivkmjsy wrote

I did. It appears to us it flew over your head.

MrFluffyhead80 t1_ivkn4j6 wrote

You actually just stated that the most popular tech company has a bunch of articles on the gadgets subreddit. At best you thought of a conspiracy

imetators t1_ivkss18 wrote

You are right. It doesn't specifically state that this is in fact an ad. That is true. But it is kind of the same as if you see a popular brand in a movie. Not an actual ad, but has the same purpose.

Me, and a few people in comment section, just noticed that on this sub there's a sudden flow of appraisal for Apple products. After a 4th (I've seen only 4 so far) post in a short period of time it becomes a bit suspicious, don't you think? Considering the whole time of existence of Apple Watch, it is suspicious to me.

MrFluffyhead80 t1_ivkv0e0 wrote

So they paid for product placement in an ad like company’s do for movies? I won’t hold my breath for you to provide no proof on that conspiracy also!