Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CountChoculasGhost t1_ivyy9v1 wrote

I live in a reasonably sized house, but there is only like one corner that makes any sense to put a tree with how our living room is set up. The issue is, that corner is pretty small. I would love a 3/4 corner tree. That would fit perfectly!

thescamperinghamster t1_ivyz1tf wrote

Just don't put some of the branches in on a normal fake tree, so it's 3/4 at the bottom, and once you're half way up, it won't matter that it's a full round again.

Smooth-Owl-5354 t1_ivz2sfu wrote

Can you elaborate on what you mean by “don’t put some of the branches in”? Because the fake trees I’ve seen are split into 2 or 3 sections along the trunk. Each section, however, is a full circle. The branches fold into the trunk like an umbrella, and I can’t just fold some of them down— they all are up or they’re all down. Are there artificial trees structured differently than that?

thescamperinghamster t1_ivz3o3x wrote

Mine, and others I've had, has a central lower half pole with bits/holes for putting the branch clumps in, so there's 4 layers of branches each with their 8 branch clumps which you fluff up, so each layer has spokes of branches so to speak. But you can put as many or as few in as you want, and they don't have to be on their specified layer. I make the bottom of mine oval to fit the gap by just switching this round a bit. The top half is just one big bit that I fluff up.

But it's just a cheap 6 foot (they lie it's nearer 5 foot) Sainsbury's tree.

Hope that's made some kind of sense.

Smooth-Owl-5354 t1_ivz3zby wrote

That’s interesting, thank you for sharing! Your description makes total sense. I may have to look into that style because it sounds so much more versatile.

juulhandluke t1_iw059q6 wrote

You should go with a 1/4 tree…a 3/4 tree will just take up the same amount of room as a regular one