Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

-Aone t1_izg03le wrote

My hope is that one day we will get a Pixel Flip phone. Making the display bigger than tablet doesn't really have a lot of convenience, but making the phone smaller and flip it to regular size, i'd buy that on the spot

SvenTropics t1_izg4e4r wrote

That already exists. The Galaxy Z flip 4 is basically a normal sized phone that you can fold in half.

-Aone t1_izg6x2y wrote

yep, thats why I want Google to make one. Samsung's bloatware is why I will never get a Samsung phone. I love Pixel's stock Android and its hard to go back to anything else after

SpecialNose9325 t1_izj3y4d wrote

Samsungs bloatware is on the phone, but its barely even bloatware anymore at this point. Google revamps and abandons apps every couple of years, while Samsung stock apps tend to be consistent and reliable. Everyone hates on Bixby, but nobody talks about how Bixby Routines is more powerful and user friendly than any Google Home automation.

Just as an example, Samsung Calendar follows OneUI app design principles, syncs with Google Calendars, and uses the Samsung System UI for Reminders. Samsung Clock syncs alarms across devices, and uses the same System UI for Alarms.

In my experience with Nexus and Pixel phones in the past, its far more inconsistent.

g-nice4liief t1_izi4pr2 wrote

With ADB app control you can delete any app you want from any android phone.

One UI + ADB App Control gives you a phone with more powerful hardware, and software with less bugs/crashes. I will never get over the fact the pixels will never replace the nexus line. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was the pinnacle of Nexus phones (imho).

I won't buy another Google phone again sadly. By the time any manufacturer will release their foldable phone In the western market, Samsung already has a 5th or 6th generation foldable while other manufacturers will have to play catch up.

Babou13 t1_j02yrri wrote

The 6P was the best nexus phone and had the best case (fabric) that google had ever released. Quality phone that looked nice and had great software. The Galaxy Nexus still felt like a cheap Samsung phone..wish there could've been a Nexus phone based on the HTC One M8.

SvenTropics t1_izghdin wrote

I mean I've owned the pixel 2, 3, 5, and now the 7. I also owned the nexus 1 and 5 before that.

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy S4 active and s7 active as well as the original Samsung Galaxy (1).

I agree, I much prefer a Google phone mostly because they don't have any of the bloatware on there.

T3k_Junkie t1_izg4s6o wrote

With crappy cameras and Samsung bloat. Neither of which we want. 😎

−4

12_nick_12 t1_izg8fwn wrote

I can't wait either. If I want to power thru something I go on my computer with 3 monitors.