Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sotyka94 t1_iztn2b8 wrote

It's stupid because the fold get's a useful item (smartphone), and makes it multiuse (smartphone + tablet in one device), adding to it's use cases.

The flip takes an useful item (smartphone) and adds unnecessary complexity and price without adding any functionality, basically subtracting from it's usefulness without adding any real value to it.

SpecialNose9325 t1_iztoco2 wrote

Once again. The usefulness of a smartphone to a person is subjective. I don't see the appeal in having a substantially larger device in my pocket and lose one hand usability on a device that doesn't exactly do that much more than a regular smartphone. The advantages of having a 7.6inch inner screen are not substantial enough to me. Meanwhile, a phone that folds in half makes carrying it around easier and adds a notification display that prevents you from getting easily sucked into an app while checking notifications.

The sales numbers also seem to prove my point. The ZFlip adoption rate is much higher than the ZFold, and more importantly it is seen as a viable option to non Tech-enthusiasts. They place it right next to the S22 at the store and it's pretty clear that people are choosing it more often than the ZFold.