Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Knooze t1_j0pypa2 wrote

So. If I get this and a docking station, will it work with a HOTAS? Cause $650USD + a dock seems a lot less expensive than my projected PC build.

NeverComments t1_j0qo6p2 wrote

Keep in mind the specs in the Deck are designed for an 800p30 target in higher end games. I’ve been pretty disappointed with docked performance and image quality and wouldn’t recommend one if you aren’t primarily interested in handheld use.

Knooze t1_j0qp3ao wrote

Thank you. That’s feedback I needed.

Halvus_I t1_j0r3fz9 wrote

I played Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 full through on Steam Deck docked to a 42" 4k. It was great.

Seven2Death t1_j0q3x4z wrote

quick google says hotas works fine with linux. but you might wanna look into it yourself. but yeah otherwise its a subsidized gaming pc. you should probably watch this video first tho.

https://youtu.be/qixXsJBmyd8

they go over the pros and cons. they kinda fail to mention you can just install windows tho so a lot of their complaints are moot. but most people who buy a deck wouldnt do. that so i get it.

Knooze t1_j0q8hmo wrote

Yeah. I saw that same post and hoped for real world info. But I’ll. Heck out the video. Thank you!

[deleted] t1_j0rmmmn wrote

[deleted]

Knooze t1_j0s9y7r wrote

Guess I’m back to my 3080 builds. I appreciate you taking time to give some great feedback. I’ve got a 49” 5120x1440 and have been advised to get an xx80 card for it.

My last custom build was a Pentium and that was a long time ago. Had a Matrox 3DFS card and loved it at the time. Mexhwarrior2, Quake, DukeNukem3D days.

Seeing some decent spec’s systems on ibuypower and thinking of getting a prebuilt with upgradability.