Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MINIMAN10001 t1_j2w31vv wrote

As a consumer I can tell you've I've been bitten by physical wires too many times. It's gotten to the point where I no longer value physical jacks where reasonable.

Unless you can make something like a Nintendo switch dock with its self aligning connector dock I'm pretty burnt on physical connections.

I've also heard a lot of stories of other people having bad luck with cables and their phones in person.

So I wouldn't put it past the phone industry on moving towards that idea in the future.

It's like when I told my brother I no longer planned to get a CD drive for my computer. For the time he thought it was a silly idea. However steam took off and it became the norm.

I'm expecting the same with phones and charging cables.

However phones have a much broader range of prices than your home computer so the lower the cost the phone, the more likely a physical connection.

But apple and samsung would be at the top of my list for people most likely to make such a move.

−4

Senior1292 t1_j2wb8gi wrote

>But apple and samsung would be at the top of my list for people most likely to make such a move.

Apple will do it first, then Samsung will put out an ad mocking the move only to do the same thing in the next phone iteration or two, as is tradition.

ecclesiasticalme t1_j2ws57t wrote

What has some innovated before Android/Samsung in the last 10 years?

−1