Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MadLintElf t1_j2x0r0y wrote

Never had stress from pushing a stroller, it actually helps because you could put some bags on the handles or under it.

And that price tag, wow more expensive than a motorized wheelchair.

Damnesya t1_j2x8e60 wrote

Right, that price stresses me out more than having to push a stroller.

mixedd t1_j2xadyh wrote

This! Who have stress by pushing stroller? It relaxes me

7-SE7EN-7 t1_j54cnwp wrote

I may not be a parent, but I feel like not having control of the stroller that your child is in would be quite stressful

mixedd t1_j54e5wo wrote

Exactly. While I trust most precious being in the world, to my own hands, eyes and reflexes, I would be stressed seeing that this is overtaken by some automation (all of us seen those Tesla autopilot fails right?)

icefire555 t1_j2xb8xf wrote

Something tells me they have some overly complex method to prevent it driving off on its own. When all it needs is a handle with a button that is durable enough to not jam closed.

MadLintElf t1_j2y0lrn wrote

But I work in IT for the last 30 years, you know someone would hack it and make it drive away on purpose.

icefire555 t1_j2y5bm3 wrote

But you could use something like a push lawn mower's grip together to engage the motor design, and push hard on that safety feature to make people aware of what needs to be bypassed to make it more dangerous.

MadLintElf t1_j2y68vf wrote

Agreed, I just don't want to trust a child let alone mine to cutting edge tech.

MLuka-author t1_j2xpalz wrote

It's a great stress reliever pushing stroller too. You can hit people on purpose with it and no one will do a thing because there's baby in there and two they always assume they are in the wrong.

cryonine t1_j2ylvvq wrote

The headline is quite a bit of clickbait, IMO. The stroller will only self-drive if empty and even then it's very limited. The use case they highlight is if your little one wants to walk or be carried, you can do that and not have to push the stroller... which, whatever. They buried the lede here, because the real benefit is smart breaking and motor assistance uphill. As someone that lives in a hilly area of SF, this stroller would be awesome.

Self-driving when empty makes sense, because no fucking way am I trusting my kids to sit inside a self-driving stroller. The price is definitely high, but this is aimed in the luxury market, which already has strollers around this range anyway.

ackermann t1_j2xw1c1 wrote

It certainly doesn’t need to be self driving. But motorized wouldn’t hurt. Give tired parents a rest from walking. Perhaps where the adult can stand on the back axle, like those standing lawnmowers that have become popular.

MadLintElf t1_j2y0gyr wrote

That I can deal with, it certainly would help especially with twins.

Ragnarok314159 t1_j36shxy wrote

I always liked pushing the stroller around, was one of the few forms of exercise I got with kids, especially with my twins.

If they want to lessen parental stress, figure out how to feed kids in the middle of the night and let us sleep.

oinklittlepiggy t1_j2yp0ca wrote

Shit man..

Just something easily turnable with one hand is all I need.

ackermann t1_j2xw8hh wrote

charleswj t1_j2ykays wrote

That would be terrible. Anyone who's ever had kids and strollers knows the last thing you want is something heavier.

ackermann t1_j2ykwu6 wrote

Fair. Heavier is probably harder to load and unload from the car, and climb stairs, even if it is motorized. Still, might be preferable when you know you have a long day with a lot of walking.

Tommy_____ t1_j2zph5k wrote

i'd rather get my family some electric scooters, some bikes, and maybe a fucking moped with the left over money for the soon to be graduate holy fucking shit man.