Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Svard27 t1_j3stwho wrote

I’m guessing this is an advertisement.

garry4321 t1_j3vwdsy wrote

Youd be surprised how many posts there are that are just people trying to advertise without paying Reddit.

"Im making this game!"

"AFTER X YEARS, IM FINALLY A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!"

SomeKidFromPA t1_j3xcu2u wrote

Yeah, I'm fine with Independent creators sharing their work. Not so cool with established brands doing stuff like this.

garry4321 t1_j41o0el wrote

I think ethically, anyone trying to advertise on a platform that charges for advertisement, should, you know; play by the rules.

Reddit is free for a reason.

−1

SomeKidFromPA t1_j41p5wp wrote

Idk, it's a social media platform. User posts are already the product. I don't really see a difference in someone posting an opinion of theirs vs something they created. Maybe posting "hey buy my game" isn't the best look, but sharing something they made to users who might have an interest in their product is fine with me.

I can post advertisements for what I made on Facebook or Twitter, they also have ads. Reddit just allows the creator to select a larger, more likely to be interested, audience for their post beyond their current following. (Obviously some subs have rules against this to stop the constant postings, but I don't think it should be against Reddits rules in general.)

Seva55 t1_j41x2l2 wrote

Its disingenuous as a news article tho. Its claiming its the best. And it looks like shit. Not just hey we built this product. But advertisement using psychological manipulation. Unethical

SomeKidFromPA t1_j41xdmy wrote

I literally said companies shouldn't do it. Read. Independent creators who are making things on their own dime/time are just like you and me, and should post what they want. Anker has an advertising department. They shouldn't be doing it.

mihirmusprime t1_j3u0wmo wrote

It's an award given out at CES, not by the person who wrote this article.

MariachiMacabre t1_j3xgq1m wrote

If you click the Amazon link at the bottom, it leads to an entirely different product. And the monitor stand launches at the end of the month for $250. So this article is wrong in just about all of the ways that matter.

spankythemonk t1_j3ufcr2 wrote

The f is a monitor stand? Every monitor comes with an adjustable base. Who’s like, ‘what i really need is a base for this monitor so I can shove my keyboard and other crap underneath and make them totally useless.’ OK IM OFF MY PROVERBIAL MONITOR STAND.

−29

gymbaggered t1_j3uliua wrote

Some monitors hight adjust would go only so high. Some are still finding it too low, espesially folks with a right posture. Hence monitor arms/stands

SisterBob t1_j3uocz2 wrote

How else can my cat sleep under the monitor without knocking over my pens?

notathrowaway145 t1_j3uw8zl wrote

Tell me you have bad ergonomics without telling me you have bad ergonomics.

CheeksMix t1_j3wjmgs wrote

My duuuuude! Look in to fixing your desk setup.

You could end up with carpel tunnel or something else. Monitor stands, monitor risers, and monitor mounts are fantastic for ensuring your posture is proper! Stay healthy, ya know?

MoirasPurpleOrb t1_j3wpli1 wrote

A ton of monitors don’t have adjustable heights, just adjustable angles.