Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ffdmatt t1_jds6b7t wrote

How's D4? I'm afraid it's going to be Immortal all over again. Didn't care for the Open Beta because I doubt they'd show that side of it during the test. Strictly waiting weeks after launch.

Fool me once, Blizzard.

−1

VoraciousTrees t1_jdthl4u wrote

It's good. Pacing is better... It feels dangerous again. Boss battles are lame though. Luckily the bosses are a very small part of the game.

WilliamStrife t1_jdssxgg wrote

Am playing the open beta over the weekend and it's pretty good. I'm a jaded gamer who yearns for the old Blizzard days of warcraft 2 and 3, so I'd say it managed to pass a fairly high bar.
Mechanically it's a solid game, and story wise it feels fresh. Seems to be a decent amount of Innovation though it's always online in a MMO/SoulsBourne sort of way.

Ffdmatt t1_jdthx3f wrote

Cool, thanks for the input. Will be very happy if it turns out great

finH1 t1_jdsjv93 wrote

I’ve played it a bit, tried out mage and rogue. I like the class diversity this time, the skill tree allows for multiple viable builds it feels, and the skills in general are pretty cool. I quite like the idea of it feeling more like an MMO in terms of running around and seeing other players and doing random world events together, where as with D3 it was just party up and that’s it.

But I’m still not 100% sure if I’ll buy it or not and have similar concerns as you with how immortal was handled

Sattaman6 t1_jdsnt0r wrote

It’s really good. I’ve played since the original Diablo and really like where they went with it.

sg-kono t1_jds9486 wrote

Same here. The only game I'm buying day 1 right now is the new Zelda.

P0werPuppy t1_jdslq00 wrote

Dude, I wish I could get it. It comes out around my birthday, so honest to god, I'm going to pay part of the money for one of my friends to get it, and just play some of the game on their switch (or just pirate it, but I don't really pirate often).

sg-kono t1_jdtbqka wrote

No shame in pirating, ive only been doing it 20+ years 😅

CawCawDumDum t1_jdscnpf wrote

If Diablo Immortal actually fooled you, you're the problem lmao.

99% they didn't even make it, just sold the diablo name.

Diablo 4 will be fine.

−10

Ffdmatt t1_jdsczog wrote

Lol alllllright buddy. Let's see who wins: doing the right thing for the heck of it, or assloads of money

GingerDreddMan t1_jdshwrs wrote

Sounds like you’re unfamiliar with the development of Immortal; it was essentially a glorified port of existing Chinese tech and assets from the mobile market. D4 is a completely different beast.

Ffdmatt t1_jdtibsk wrote

I get that, but I hold companies accountable for licensing their IP out to garbage like that. Fine print says someone else developed it, but "Diablo" is in large letters on the cover. Therefore, it's Diablo. Companies usually know better than to fuck with their brand image so severely, but Blizzard has shown a deep disrespect for their consumers and even employees, so it's expected.