Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheLastPirate123 t1_jee84of wrote

Ah that's interesting. I didn't follow much of the build-up to the game before it was released as I never really fell for the hype, I've still not fallen into the Keanu Reeves hype in general. What I've heard now is that they've made it a good game, ofcourse games should be functional and work as promised upon release, however I think the work they've put in to fix it somewhat makes up for the initial release - once again I bring it back to No Man's Sky.

I don't view CD as a holy patron saint of gaming or anything, it's just another company but as of right now it's one I have a positive view on as I think they seem to be intent on making good games rather than churning them out.

exsea t1_jee98ji wrote

yeah its good that you're not attached to them as i was. they really had a very good PR with gamers in general.i m against pre-orders but for CDPR they had so much good will with gamers that i would actually pre-order from them.

its really a shame on what happened.

fixing the game... its been 2-3 years... a friend of mine bought the game this year and his playthru was buggy..

also if you play the game, you get to see a montage of you and your companion. my first impression of the montage is not "whoa thats cool". instead i thought... hmm pretty sure this is cut content.

later onwards in the game you meet a guy that you WORKED FOR in the montage. but in that meeting it appears to be your first meeting with him. that confirmed to me that the content was cut.

its ironic. i m a person who's bloody invested with CP2077, which made me react negatively to them even more. the irony is that the people who still love cyberpunk are the ones who would shit on me for pointing out how badly CDPR fell.

TheLastPirate123 t1_jeeaeri wrote

It's interesting just how invested people got into Cyberpunk, I never thought it looked all that unique. A first person shooter with some Watchdogs-esque features.

It's interesting to hear about the bugs being a problem, Skyrim is one of the buggiest games out there but it's never affected my enjoyment of the game but I saw the way it lagged on PS4 and I remember thinking "holy shit this is abysmal", at the same time they're damned if they do damned if they don't as 1 they'd miss out an alot of money only releasing on next-gen 2 you'd get a large group of people on last-gen complaining and saying they'd rather a laggy game than nothing at all.

I'm also not a fan of preorders, there's two games I've pre-ordered in my life and they were Kingdom Hearts 3 (childhood fan of the franchise and waited years for it so I was happy) and Elden Ring (huge FromSoft fan, love Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro), Elden Ring I was disappointed by but people to this day sing its praises so highly I think basing my purchase on people's reviews would've only made me more let down when I got around to playing the game. I thought FromSoft would never miss and ER was an unfortunate one for me.

exsea t1_jeebvbo wrote

i guess mine was a 2 pronged overlap of my interests. there arent too many cyberpunk type games out there, most futuristic games available usually go full geek and far off into future scifi like anarchy online and eve online.

the other was i was invested with CDPR as a company. also it was supposedly story focused rather than action focused, with many RPG elements where you had different perks to choose from.

skyrims bugs sometimes are small enough that they dont detract from the game. and the mods certainly help out a huge deal. also skyrim is full of content. to compare, skyrim is a complete game but buggy, while cp2077 is incomplete, buggy and overpromised.

in cp2077, we have cops that literally appear in the game. theres no animation. they just spawn right in front of you if you so happen to look in that direction. we also have a perk that gives you a buff while within water.

which, in the entire game you're in the water for just ONE small particular area and only in that one time.

one bug that i had bricked an optional sidequest. i dont know when it bricked i dont know how it bricked, i do not know which save i should use to revert the brick. but even if i did i m pretty sure i would have lost tons of hours of progress.

i really wanted to love the game. i gave it a fair shot. it had the potential to be a game that i would love but everything compound on one another made me just have a bad taste in my mouth. anyway i would really like to thank you for just talking to me about it in a civil manner.

TheLastPirate123 t1_jefaip4 wrote

The cops disappearing sounds hilarious but having quests and stuff bricked sounds bloody awful.

Hopefully whatever CD release next is good and washes that taste out of your mouth! My pleasure man, have a good day :)