Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CedartheTree t1_jdvjfrp wrote

I'd just watch a recap video of the first game. There are some good moments, but the gameplay of 2 is far better.

Swordbreaker925 t1_jdw1sce wrote

Yeah, BL1’s story is awful and while the gameplay was incredible for the time, they’ve really advanced a lot in gunplay and the random generation of guns

Radiant_Rage t1_jdwdxk7 wrote

This... Borderlands 1 is sluggish and unrefined compared to 2, the writing and humour is on point in 2. The Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is also one of the best DLCs I've ever played. The pre-sequel is a bad miss in my opinion and has a lot of weird Aussie humour.

AdventurousAd9531 t1_jdwqtfn wrote

As an Aussie, it makes me cringe listening to the pre sequel's dialogue. Especially strange since it was made by 2k Australia who should have known better.

Radiant_Rage t1_jdwsr7u wrote

Yeah it's sad to see a studio get killed off but after the pre sequel I understand.

AdventurousAd9531 t1_jdwtg8y wrote

I don't even think the game was that bad! They did interesting things with the skill trees like seeing Wilhelm slowly transforming into a machine and claptrap being... Claptrap..

Much better than the skill trees we got for borderlands 3, which had the best weapons of any borderlands game to date.

Radiant_Rage t1_jdwtrx1 wrote

I haven't had a chance to play borderlands 3 yet but I'm looking forward to it. The pre sequel had some fun mechanics but the dialogue just killed it for me.

_Nova_Corps OP t1_jdvk3ry wrote

That’s a good idea, maybe I’ll do that while waiting for it to install.