Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zeus-fox t1_j2codgq wrote

I think they probably don’t have a problem with accessibility options, more like a problem with something detracting from the vision of the game.

I’ll try an analogy but bare with me as It’s past my bedtime; imagine you go to a restaurant that serves only sushi and ask why they don’t have cooked beef in the sushi instead of raw fish because you’re allergic to fish and you love beef. It’s not unreasonable to say to that person, perhaps a sushi bar isn’t for you!

I hope that makes some kind of sense? Like I said it’s very late here and I’m probably not great at analogies at the best of times!

nxlss t1_j2crxxx wrote

But why do sushi restaurants offer for example vegan options?

To reach more customers and this would be the same with games. More accessibility options means more players can enjoy awesome games.

Am I missing something? it sounds so simple for me and wouldn't affect my experience so why is it bad.

Roscoes_Rashie t1_j2ctlee wrote

Because now this hypothetical sushi shop now has to worry about vegan/beef/whatever else options which dilutes how much attention they can put into the craft they originally intended to make.

FS don’t want to make easy to beat games. That might reduce their customer base. Thats fine. They’re optional to play and a wide market of easy to beat games already exists.

Magnon t1_j2ct0yi wrote

The sushi restaurant might want/need those vegan sales to help their bottom line and make sure they stay afloat. A company might feel not compromising their vision is worth losing a few sales to deliver what they want to make.

Nobody goes into a bakery that specializes in cake and then berates them when they won't make them a rack of ribs. They sell cake, if you want ribs, go somewhere else.

nxlss t1_j2ctss8 wrote

How much drugs do you have to take to bring such an argument.

Adding an easier mode (which changes nothing in your experience or the "vision" of the game studio) is the same thing as walking into a bakery and wanting meat???

Your analogy would be more like buying a racing game and then complaining you can't fly to mars in said game.

−3

Magnon t1_j2cu4hl wrote

An easier mode does change the intended experience. If the intended experience is supposed to be oppressive, difficult, grinding difficulty, making it so it's now a power fantasy is not the intended experience.

zeus-fox t1_j2cttbc wrote

Well I suppose the vegan option/accessible game would be a different item on the menu, which would be an entirely different game. Those games do exist but if you want to play this specific game or eat this specific piece of sushi it’s going have no easy mode and/or be made of fish…

…man I’m confusing myself.

FullBodyEdition t1_j2cvpnw wrote

Don't add to reach more customers if the customers they have are enough