Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SaiyajinPrime t1_j2fc2s8 wrote

It's a puzzle game and a platformer. That you can't figure out the precise timing is a unique problem I have never seen anyone have with Portal before.

But it's absolutely not the worst kind of puzzle game. It's an incredible puzzle game that requires a modicum of gaming ability.

It's unfortunate if you are not able to get through the game, cuz it really is amazing.

JustSmileHaHa t1_j2fceyb wrote

Portal is the only game I've felt genuine motion sickness from in 24 years of gaming. I couldn't play much, but I appreciate the intricacy that went into making it listening to the Valve commentary tracks.

ZevVeli t1_j2fdsyr wrote

I don't know what you're on about. Portal only needs precise timing if you're speedrunning. Portal 2 had more instances where reaction time was needed but that was because Portal 2 was more story driven than the original Portal which was really more of a tech-demo padded out to be a game.

Divine_Entity_ t1_j2fhv6h wrote

I've only played portal 2 but I don't remember any sections where you actually need super precise timing. I know you have to catch some objects in midair, but those aren't really hard. I definitely spent way more time just looking for places to put my portals than on actually trying to execute my plan.

ZevVeli t1_j2fwwnk wrote

Yeah, that too. Timing was needed but it wasn't precise. It was more like getting into the rhythm of the puzzle.

logicalnoise t1_j2feay5 wrote

Portal actually had a lot of systems to help with platforming. Try the entropy centre a recent similar type game and it's physics fuck you way more than the puzzles. Also has bad combat sections too.

AdmiralTittyFucker t1_j2fbjra wrote

Agreed, thought it was a boring ass game for pseudointellectuals.

−12