Submitted by CuteFatRat t3_zzaehj in gaming

Hi guys, so I have adhd but I play this game and I am hardstuck bcs I have tunnel vision due to my adhd and I "panic" lost control in teamfights..

I just start clicking as mad person and lose focus and in late game I just make some stupid move and I cannot focus.

When I play on my lane my motor skill brain-cursor are so bad and I just then am mad on myself for this so much.. I will get my meds now in 3 weeks bcs I have adhd diagnosed..

Do you think it is my personality problem with my playing or it is adhd? Will meds help?

I just wanna play good, wanna be good, want help my team but I have shaky hands, I panic in teamfights..

Tried postitive self talk, box breathing technic and still I am very nervous and unfocused, panicked when I play..

I have the skills but I dont have somehow discipline to focus? My brain is lazy? Idk but many friends stopped playing with me bcs of it but I believe if I can focus I am soon very good rank..

What u think? It is adhd? Does meds help with this too?

https://preview.redd.it/384oerzbg39a1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=4ac0a659ceb8380c0e24afe078c6814d68b49ae5

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PrescientPotato t1_j2aew6f wrote

Start small. League is extremely complex game, instead trying to succeed in every aspect of the game break it down into small problems that you'll conquer one by one.

Pick one champion and stick to it. Practice that champion's moves. Slowly add complexity, but always focus just on 1 specific thing.

Don't set goals like "I need to win the lane", set goals like "I should last-hit most of the minions" or "I should keep ward in this brush at all times".

Way too many people get distracted by meaningless things like winning games and get upset over not achieving their goal, often nullifying anything they could have learned.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2af38s wrote

Yes I do this. Extremely complex game is baduk/go/weiqi.. Thats only game in the world thats extremely complex.

PrescientPotato t1_j2afi72 wrote

Is your mindset when launching the game "I want to win this game"?

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2ahgi2 wrote

I want but my motor skills.. Should I practice motor skills then u think? In some practice tool? I have mindset to win but something holding me back. Maybe I am stupid..

PrescientPotato t1_j2ampcd wrote

That's the thing, you shouldn't "want" to win. Winning is something that just happens when you do enough things right and when don't do too many mistakes while at it.

Improve by solving small indivisible problems.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2awri3 wrote

Do you know what helped me? Trying to play safe and dont mess up and I played so well.. Just trying to not mess up even if I play ultra safe. Is it good mindset?

BurningnnTree2 t1_j2ax6k2 wrote

I don't think this has anything to do with ADHD. Getting nervous in video games is not an officially recognized symptom of ADHD. I know people with ADHD who play competitive video games just fine.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2azaea wrote

I should calm myself. Its my thing I know.

MnMuffin t1_j2aednx wrote

Medication and better mental would help a lot

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2aex3v wrote

Yes, I am controlling my mind very well so it helps - positive self talk, imagination etc. But the motor skills man.. Thats hard af.

MnMuffin t1_j2af9on wrote

Self talk and that isn't what I am referring to.

Better mental discipline is what I should say.

Only keeping sessions short and when you can be in the zone of focus, specifically building up good habits for control playin other games to learn it without just going off on a panic.

Again, medication will be the best thing you could start with

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2ah9zr wrote

Tried Kratom yesterday and I played amazing. And medication is much better I heard.. So it gives me hope. Do u have adhd yourself and take meds?

MnMuffin t1_j2ahn5m wrote

I do and am on a med switch actually due to a reaction I have on my previous.

Helps a ton

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2ai680 wrote

Thanks ♥ I will get in 2 weeks concerta. Idk if it help this concerta.

MnMuffin t1_j2aj318 wrote

In the meantime try games that don't require a lot of motor skills but really focus on only 1 thing at a time.

Osu helps reaction speed and handling the "panic" that comes in.

Games like Slay the Spire really help with being able to be thoughtful in choices without pressure.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2aj9b1 wrote

I dont like those games :D I just like LOL.

ALWAYSWANNASAI t1_j2agc5s wrote

this post is entirely cope. You are not good at the game and do not have good skills if you "tunnel vision" and "panic during team fights". If you can't function in lane cus your "motor skills - brain cursor" are bad, it's not because your self diagnosed ADHD - that's called being bad at the game. MOBA games are pretty much based on strategy, so if you are indeed as brain dead as this post suggests I would probably stick to COD. If you're going to try and redirect your lack of ability/skills and blame it on ADHD you will never improve.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2agwm9 wrote

I dont like cod. I think adhd negatively can affect motor skills. I always fck up not bcs lack of strategy but bcs my cognitive. I dont blame, I ask brooo I ask if it is bcs of my adhd or bcs I am braindead. :D

−1

ALWAYSWANNASAI t1_j2aiaac wrote

yeah that's just not a thing. You don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are actively losing attention to the league game and looking out the window for squirrels, your ADHD is not affecting your gameplay. If you are activly incapable of clicking on things you intended to, probably just turn down your sensitivity. People who actually have ADHD are often very good at video games as they enter a state of hyper focus and fully immerse themselves in the game.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2ajixe wrote

Thanks bro for the advice. This really helped me so much what u said :) W'hat is your iq? I like your thinking :)

−1

ALWAYSWANNASAI t1_j2ak4is wrote

hey bro no worries :)) final tip, if the squirrels outside are still bothering you still maybe try and put cardboard blinders on some frames of glasses, then you won't see those rascals running outside so much and you won't lose ur "cognitive" attention skills and can focus on league!

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2akfnb wrote

Xd the problem is when I play like moving cursor on oponents then my brain say no and move somewhere else but not on oponnent.. Thats the problem.

ALWAYSWANNASAI t1_j2al45f wrote

maybe just try shouting at yourself "YES" while your cursor is on the opponent, and you say it again when your brain says "no" and tries to move it.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2alkil wrote

Yup,brain works like computer. Thats true tbh. Sometimes I say to my brain: Cancel, cancel - focus mouse on enemy.

ALWAYSWANNASAI t1_j2alzjy wrote

This is actually insane, but the other day I was reading something that said "excess vitamin A might reduce cognitive and motor skills in ppl with ADHD" Do you regularly eat large amounts of red, orange, or tubers (tomatoes, carrots (VERY bad), pumpkins, etc?)

himynameisyoda t1_j2avnyi wrote

Maybe you lose focus because you haven't studied what to actually do in team fights. The basics in pubs is to go for the Squishies first but that also requires your team to be knowledgeable as well which is why I quit team based games.

CuteFatRat OP t1_j2awwq1 wrote

I play Tryndamere so that can play some role too u think?