Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cult_Of_Anubis t1_j6o4kep wrote

Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The very definition of a timeless classic

Projectdystopia t1_j6o5du5 wrote

Hollow knight. It's beautiful. It's deep. It's challenging. And it have best soundtrack I listened.

SaplingStudios OP t1_j6o7lsm wrote

I wish I could get more into 2d platformers! Just not my cup of tea sadly!

Projectdystopia t1_j6o8b28 wrote

It isn't exactly a platformer, more metroidvania, but if you generally can't understand 2d games, then it's fine.

filledavoid t1_j6ol0lj wrote

Dark Souls 1.

I bought it knowing NOTHING about it.

It was a wild ride. I almost gave up so many times. I felt amazing beating a boss I found impossible the first 10 tries.

It's also my favorite world design in a game, and I love how after 15+ playthroughs I somehow find something new and still have a blast.

This game also brought me closer with one of my cousins. We did a couch playthrough switching every death.

I also went to rehab a few years after it came out and felt so isolated. One of the counslers was trying to get me to talk a bit, and asked if I liked video games. I said this game you probably dont know called Dark Souls is my favorite. It was his too.

In college I made a best friend because he was wearing a Dark Souls shirt and that was the only time I went up and talked to someone and became real friends.

Praise the Sun!

levilicious t1_j6o4iru wrote

Celeste and/or both Ori games. Both have a beautiful art style, amazing soundtracks, and some of the best platforming mechanics ever made in video games

Machine_Dick t1_j6o50kz wrote

Super Mario Sunshine or Zelda Wind Waker. Nostalgia reasons but also I think the exploration in Wind Waker is the best out of any Zelda game and Sunshine has the best levels and music out of any Mario game for me personally.

JohnnyShirley t1_j6o5351 wrote

Old but good: Titan Quest. I know Grim Dawn is basically an "upgraded" TQ but I love that Ancient World.

Astralogers t1_j6o5f5e wrote

DJMAX Portable Series, Exclusive games from South Korea For PSP

because I love rythm games

CarcosaJuggalo t1_j6o6wnw wrote

Depends on what I want. Lately I mostly bounce back and forth between Witcher 3, Xcom 2, and Darkest Dungeon. I like having a lot of strategic options on how to progress through a game.

perk_daddy t1_j6o70k8 wrote

Toss-up:

Red Dead 2

Persona 5

Spider-Man

Ant_kiwi t1_j6o7345 wrote

Terraria, the first time I beat it I was hooked and bought it for friends and they liked it too. Now im doing the get fixed Boi seed with a friend and it's hilarious

ral365 t1_j6o7euc wrote

Epic Mickey. It's a brilliantly dark take on forgotten aspects of classic Disney. It also expands Mickey character in a way that's rarely seen before. He's much more than just a corporate mascot for little kids.

SaplingStudios OP t1_j6o7j2j wrote

Oh wow some people actually played that!? Good to know!

ral365 t1_j6o8w2z wrote

Are you kidding? It’s one of the most successful Wii games of all time! Certainly a hit when it came out in 2010.

SaplingStudios OP t1_j6o92uf wrote

Wow! I guess I just wasn’t in the loop at the time! I’m so remember seeing ALL those commercials on Disney at the the time! I still have my wii! Maybe I’ll give it a shot!

ral365 t1_j6oix1a wrote

The camera can be a big nuisance, but the story, characters, and even their soundtrack far outweigh it, especially if you're a Disney fan, like me.

Quote__Unquote t1_j6oc2cx wrote

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 & 2, great main and side stories, fun combat, amazing characters. Can’t wait for Ishin!

Aldipxp t1_j6oel58 wrote

Fallout 4, mods and story

Fluid-Ideal-7438 t1_j6ofren wrote

Doom Eternal is my favorite FPS! As for favorite game, Sekiro. No contest. The setting, themes, story, gameplay mechanics and the perfect sense of progression all complement each other. The progression is not so much set in the skill trees and unlocks, but in you as a player. The skill you must obtain IRL to beat the game is like nothing else.

Additionally, the way the game comes full circle; connects the player with the protagonist. The game starts in this moonlit field of white flowers. Sekiro stumbles grabbing his sword while being confronted by Genichiro. Out of practice and unsure of himself. Genichiro naturally whoops your ass. He feels crazy OP.

The game ends exactly the same place, the same field with Genichiro blocking your path. But now Sekiro grabs his sword firmly and collected. Both Sekiro and the player have spent the entire game training and honing their skills. Preparing for this moment. What a journey that was…

Graaiert t1_j6og8ne wrote

Kingdom hearts, mostly because of nostalgia!

Spleef101 t1_j6oj73z wrote

CoD MW2 (2009)

Red Dead Redemption 2

Resident Evil 4

Castlevania:Aria Of Sorrow

Yakuza 0

NFS Carbon

Doom Eternal

Fallout New Vegas

jamexxx t1_j6ojfku wrote

Starcraft / Diablo II / Call of Duty: United Offensive.

EggRollJake t1_j6on2hk wrote

I could write for way too long about this, but it has been and will probably always be Alan Wake.

SaplingStudios OP t1_j6ospwj wrote

Oh please tell!

EggRollJake t1_j6paxnu wrote

There’s so much I could get into, but really it just comes down to the fact that it feels like a game that was made for me. It also hit me at the perfect time in my life.

Narratively, it was the first time I was genuinely wrapped up in the story of the characters and the world, rather than the story of what I experienced as a player. Gameplay-wise, it felt great to play and had combat unlike anything else I had experienced. It also had the visuals and audio to back it up.

Beyond that though, it felt like something made with an extreme level of passion. Like every single component of it is there to contribute to the feeling it is trying to give you. Obviously, every game has an immense amount of work and care put into, but this one felt like it was made with the best of intentions.

It’s a story about art. And as an artist myself, I take a huge amount of personal meaning from it. I couldn’t be happier that a sequel is finally coming out, but I’m also fairly sure nothing could live up to the experience I had playing it for the first time.

It’s a game I recommend to everyone.