Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ShallWeStartThen t1_j6mqvqj wrote

I've never had issues with linear- as long as the story is done right. I am currently playing Plague Tale Requiem and it is awesome. I love seeing where the game is taking me. Will have to investigate Dead Space.

LedFarmer_ OP t1_j6n0y11 wrote

I've been told Plague tale is really good so I'll definitely check it out eventually and yes! Dead Space IMO is well worth your time and money, especially if you never played the Original.

Exlibro t1_j6ncdtc wrote

My big recommendation. Especially mature story with fun and challenging stealth encounters.

But I highly recommend starting with Plague Tale Innocence and then going to Requiem.

ShallWeStartThen t1_j6nnwc4 wrote

Absolutely! I replayed Innocence just before Requiem. Requiem is very much a sequel and one part of one long story

Sedfghhds t1_j6nuccl wrote

It's something you never hear anymore but a major complaint of many gamers was the hidden wall.

Manjorno316 t1_j6n4ogl wrote

I finished Requiem for the first time yesterday and it's probably one of my favorite games ever. Absolutely loved both Requiem and Innocence.

Nameless_301 t1_j6nccjd wrote

Does the butt clenchyness of the game play go away? Because I'm about 2 hours into innocence and I just feel tense the whole damn time!

mahelke t1_j6pa1oo wrote

I would say it does after you begin to unlock new ways to handle different situations. Having more options makes enemy sections less stressful since you don’t need to worry about running out of ammo so much.