Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

maybeCheri t1_iyzl88g wrote

Reply to comment by I_Automate in Floetry by The_Tree_Beard

No thanks. I’ll wait. Something else to look forward to.

I_Automate t1_iyzm8fl wrote

That's up to you.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to close my eyes one day and that will be it, so, I intend to enjoy what the world has to offer today, instead of hoping for something that is far from guaranteed

maybeCheri t1_iz1mqj7 wrote

You see that’s the thing, I don’t wonder if there is something after we die. I know without an iota of doubt that there is and it is beautiful. Our consciousness continues in this beautiful place.

I_Automate t1_iz1sxbd wrote

I have to ask..... how can you know something for sure without solid evidence?

I don't mean to question your beliefs in a negative way, I am honestly curious. The answers I get to that question are new perspectives for my own mind.

That is something that I have always had an issue with. I don't know for certain what comes next, and saying that doesn't bother me. It's good to have questions that still need answers. It gives us something to work towards.

All the evidence I have says that I will just cease to exist. That doesn't scare me. I didn't exist for billions of years, so ceasing to exist eventually holds no fear. I loose nothing by living my mortal life to the fullest.

If it turns out I'm wrong..... awesome. Then I'm on to the next adventure. If I'm not.... I will leave this existence with few, if any, regrets. Worst case, one day I will simply go to sleep. That thought holds no terror for me.

With that said.... I fully believe that we will eventually beat death on our own terms, one way or another. My hope is that we will someday build our own afterlife to order. We will use technology to fundamentally change what it means to be alive and control our own path into the future.