Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GarlicBiscuits t1_j9zw0ol wrote

That's definitely a valid concern. One of the main reasons I picked up my SRH1540s was so I could enjoy some music privately while making sure I wasn't disturbing my roommate. I'm that type of person who doesn't want others knowing what I listen to anyway. Nonetheless, the pair looks and sounds great for what I need them for. I still keep the 660S around for more casual video watching, playing games, and for music anytime I'm in our dorm alone.

StrongReplacement926 OP t1_j9zyj92 wrote

See thats what I would like to do, but I think getting a pair of closed backs on top of that would be a little to pricey for me at this point

RodRevenge t1_ja02zui wrote

Im genuinely curious about why would you care if someone knows what you are listening to

GarlicBiscuits t1_ja05fpz wrote

That's a good question, so I'll try my best to answer. Music has always been a very personal thing for me, to the point where the variety of stuff I listen to defines part of my personality. I'm quite an introverted and private person, so playing music that others can hear simply makes me uncomfortable (even if they eventually forget about it in the future). I reserve the stuff I enjoy to those who are closest to me since I'm fine with them seeing a piece of who I am. For me, it's also a nice way of showing my respect and consideration to others.

Puzzleheaded-Dot-663 t1_ja2cxdi wrote

honestly i think anyone concerned this way about this... other than keeping people awake at night or interfering with an acitivity of theirs out of resepect/// is just afraid of judgement and thats not good its a weight to carry that no one likes to endure... i dont even think many people can be comfortable with that. just my take.

hubbu t1_ja31a30 wrote

I've thought a lot before about why I listen with headphones more than speakers and pretty much ended with this thought. Keeping my personality bottled up is a coping strategy to prevent those judgements from starting. I've been working on this for years but it's not easy!

StrongReplacement926 OP t1_ja05e1t wrote

I have my guilty pleasure music that I would rather not let other ppl hear. Is it dumb? Maybe, but I cant fully enjoy the music if I also feel awkward about it.

Mysterious-Evening-7 t1_ja0kzed wrote

Well… I listen to opera

Puzzleheaded-Dot-663 t1_ja2d282 wrote

which no one should ever be ashamed of... shows a deep respect of the dramatization of frequencies. opera is amazing.. right now some hip hop just came on my play list.

Id rather listen to some great opera than most pop music these days.