Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrKerbalMD t1_j96yict wrote

I love my Element III and I love JDS. I sent them an email asking if there was a setting to put output switching on the knob click and input switching on the button on the back (default is vice versa) and they said no, not with your early Element III, but if you ship it to us we'll update the board for free. They sent me a label, didn't cost me a dime, round trip was 5 days, and now I can click the knob to switch between my headphones and speakers.

You're gonna love it. Great product, great company.

NaniDaddy t1_j96zqoo wrote

Damn that's awesome lol, I didn't even know you could configure it like that. That ease of use makes it very enticing now lol. My current monolith amp/dac unit takes 3 different menus, scrolling and 4 button presses to switch between speakers and headphones.

StevenWongo t1_j987xcv wrote

Yeah, good company. I have an issue with mine where sometimes it goes unresponsive as I run it 24/7. They shipped me a replacement with no questions asked and before I even sent my original back, but the replacement still does it but just at way less frequency.

Otherwise it makes switching between my headphones and speakers a damn breeze.

DivineCurrent t1_j99kjh9 wrote

What was this unresponsive behavior you're talking about? Did the whole thing not respond to the knob turning or was it just the sound not working, or both? I ask because I only had this happen to me once, where the Element III was plugged in, my PC went to sleep, and after it woke up it no sound came out. Restarting it fixed it.

StevenWongo t1_j99noeu wrote

Essentially not responding to the knob turning. And like you said, it happens after my PC goes to sleep and a restart of the system is all it needs.