Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jaxxmono t1_jc4nwmr wrote

IER-Z1R got that thermonuclear lung slaughtering bass slam

duan_cami t1_jc5w3e3 wrote

The fit is terrible though. Are you one of the few that z1r deems worthy of proper fit?

SmokedBurger69 t1_jc6clg7 wrote

I swear those iems kept falling off my ears. I demo’d them in a convention and while they sounded good i cannot for the life of me keep them in my ears

Jaxxmono t1_jc841ki wrote

I gotta use the biggest tip size with them but they’re pretty secure for me

SpaceCannons t1_jc60rrc wrote

So do my campfire vega 2020s :D. I wish Z1Rs were still available in the UK. Always wanted to try them

Amphiscian t1_jc4u6qg wrote

Pfff theyre all just jealous of my muscular neck

hatlad43 t1_jc6cl5g wrote

Am I the only one noticing the upside down V OP drew on Squidward's blinds to make the Audeze logo?

ritzk9 t1_jc6knqv wrote

He turned around and is looking out the headphone. What's the point of giant open back if you can't see through them

HighFlyingCrocodile t1_jc3wtfn wrote

“No weight on their head”? Is that the reason you wear em?

Kirei13 t1_jc4firo wrote

All right, who is going to tell him that IEMs can have mid bass?

Day_100 OP t1_jc5q04g wrote

I don't actually own an Audeze. Can't imagine wearing them for a whole day.

Also y'all should appreciate the time I took to draw the grills, very high effort quality meme

717x t1_jc64kt0 wrote

I have the LCD X, and have had LCD2s. Thought both were perfectly fine for long sessions. The whole “audeze are so heavy you need to do neck workouts” meme is super over exaggerated on this sub.

Qazax1337 t1_jc65v0l wrote

People seem to forget that you can ride a motorbike all day with a helmet on that weighs far more than a set of Audeze.

MusicaParaVolar t1_jc7m74r wrote

You make an important, VERY important and often over-looked point: focus and attention... and entertainment... hear me out:

On a bike: have to pay constant attention, be alert, but also, enjoy the scenery blah blah blah -- your attention is on too many things to "notice" the helmet and it's inconvenience. Not to mention you want the helmet for safety so your brain is LESS likely to be like "yo... take this fucking thing off"

Listening to our Audeze: your focus is, most likely, on your music - maybe split with work or a movie if you're using your cans that way... your brain is MUCH more likely to complain because the cans are PART of what you're focusing on... maybe the MOST focus is on your cans, so of course any discomfort is going to show up "faster"

When I'm playing video games, I can wear my Fidelio X2 for a long time, when I'm on my computer working, I can't for nearly as long.

One-Inevitable1861 t1_jc6knsm wrote

To be fair, when I first got my LCD 2 C, I had them on for the first 2 days and they didn't come off my head, 2 12 hour days and by day 3, I did have a slight ache, so I just switched back to my HD800S for a day and the Audeze have been fine since.

717x t1_jc4i7it wrote

Audeze is on a different level

SpaceCannons t1_jc60v8m wrote

No, my Lawton Fostex TH-900 MK2 and Campfire Vega 2020s know what bass is :D

No_Analysis6187 t1_jc5kyhk wrote

My Jomo Salsa have more slam than my lcd 2, not sure why Audeze bass is so fabled.

AntOk463 t1_jc5d4v0 wrote

They never heard soundstage like this.

DWW256 t1_jc8a7vq wrote

Upvoting for the triangle

YummyBaldy t1_jc4dy3j wrote

Rather be Carlos with good gear sorry

Snoo_5609 t1_jc5wbs9 wrote

Im on the IEM side but headphones does not rape my ear channel every time i want to enjoy my music

DreamDropDistancia t1_jc7rbrn wrote

If I can wear a 600g VR headset, with a 300g battery pack on the back, for a couple of hours, whipping my head here and there the whole time, then a 600g headphone while sitting still should be fine.

Weight distribution and surface area contact is key. Are the headbands on these headphones just that bad or what?

halfercode t1_jc8t7oc wrote

New audiophile here. I the last few weeks I tried a bunch of Sennheisers, Grados, Hifimans, Focals, and was most impressed with Audeze - of the latter I tried LCD-2C and LCD-X (both ex-demo). I grabbed the X in the end, and honestly I am thrilled with them. I can see me sticking with them for some years - while they aren't the lightest set of cans, I still find them comfortable.

I am too busy geeking out on a equipment and music server build to worry whether I should swap my new purchase! But I would be happy to be educated on IEMs - I noted in this channel recently that I've never considered them, as I would imagine they could not produce much bass, soundstage, or "presence". Indeed, I wonder if I might get some inexpensive ones to (try to) replace my ageing Bowers & Wilkins closed-backs - sadly they feel a bit flat now my ears are getting nicer treatment in the house.

No-Context5479 t1_jc5nxj8 wrote

Someone should listen to some Hyla CE-5 or TE-5B, FATfreq Maestro Series, Sony IER-Z1R, Empire Ears Legend X Series, Empire Ears Bravado MK1 & MK2. You'd appreciate IEM slam

WorldOnWarframe t1_jc5rx83 wrote

I was debating on a pair of LCD-2C or the Edition XS - tried both on in-store and I gotta admit I was surprised by the heft.

And the 2C's aren't even the heaviest of the LCD family.

duan_cami t1_jc5wa85 wrote

Audeze lcd 3 really slams though. The fr in the bass is neutral but it slams harder than headphone with harman tuning wth?

FluffyGreyfoot t1_jc63ocl wrote

Not gonna lie, I don't generally find IEMs to be particularly comfortable, at least with heavy use. Doesn't matter what size tips I use, unless I want them falling out, my ears are going to be sore if I wear them all day. I prefer to use lightweight over-ears any time I can. I can wear my HD 58x all day and barely need to adjust them. My ATH-M40x on the other hand can feel a bit heavy after a while so I don't wear them much anymore. If I want something really flat I'll use my speakers.

Even started using my 58x at work/outdoors powered by my phone, and the drop in sound quality is hardly noticeable to me. Maybe 5% worse bass perhaps but that could very well be placebo.

QTIIPP t1_jc6aja4 wrote

Clearly, we need more universal definitions of some of our terms. Most people hear are talking about frequency response, while I know that some also use slam to refer to things more along the lines of macro dynamics, punch, bass impact, presentation style, etc. Since this post compared the LCD to ALL iems, it clearly isn’t referring to tonality.

Also, iems can be pretty reasonable in these categories, and in some regards, the LCD slam is nothing special compared to focals, again, depending on definition.

LowChecks t1_jc6hy1d wrote

I don't really understand the concept of slam. I have Fostex th900, Sony xm3, Apple air pods pro2, and LCD 2c and they have the least bass of all. I love them for great vocals and mids.

ScotchAndLeather t1_jcbe4n3 wrote

Airpod pros have a very exaggerated bass region though. They’re effectively eq’d.

Slam is less about frequency response (a sine sweep) and more about whether the build and decay are sharp. Your amp matters too, if you have an insensitive headphone and the amp can’t summon the current to make the slam happen it’ll be a dud.

dirthurts t1_jc7d0sk wrote

Athad500x users getting the best of both worlds.

👍🔥

MPThreelite t1_jc7k90f wrote

Love me some good IEMs . One day I'll make it to CanJAM and upgrade from the 800s .

MusicaParaVolar t1_jc7lk5u wrote

yeah guys, I'm mostly down to VE Monks now and about an hour of the lightest Porta Pro/ksc7 driverswapmadness and even THOSE get annoying on my ears.

VE monks are the only thing I can wear all day that does NOT make me feel like I'm sacrificing sound quality (too much)

It's sad but I'm honestly thinking about selling all but maybe one of my over and on ear cans. IEMs, earbuds and speakers will see me through this life...

Houstonb2020 t1_jc7wmv6 wrote

I honestly haven’t had any issues with my LCD-2s when it comes to weight. I wear them probably 8-10 hours most days and don’t notice the weight at all. When I first got them I noticed it more cause I had been using HD600s but after a day or two the weight disappeared