Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

haziq110 t1_islbv41 wrote

The Walkman stick is so nostalgic man, I had those back in boarding school because we couldn’t bring our smartphones so we listened to music on these instead. Sadly mine’s no longer working but they were fantastic at the time.

What player do you use to drive your m9s? I kinda want a dedicated DAP for Apple Music lossless but not sure what pairs well. The Sony DAPs look nice too but I heard the Android ones suffer from battery life.

Akella333 OP t1_islc7qr wrote

I use the ZX300 as my main device, but I would hold off on buying anything that's old because there's new models on the way. The smaller NW-A55 was also a neat small handheld walkman, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them if you find one for a good price.

haziq110 t1_islkttm wrote

The a55/zx300 looks really nice but unfortunately I use Apple music so I need Android for that. The a105 on the other hand has worse battery life (as many reported) so it’s not for me as well. The zx507 seems like a great DAP but at that price, there are other options as well so I’m on the fence.

Thanks for the advice though!

Akella333 OP t1_isllpi4 wrote

Yeah like I said, new ZX and AW models are coming soon per leaks. Both have android so might be perfect for your use case.