Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Akella333 OP t1_isjxiiz wrote

Found this Sony Walkman stick, NWZ-B183F (lovely name as always) and wondered how it would pair with my best iem the IER M9.

Form factor is nice, it's comfortable to hold. It I was most surprised by the build. It seems to be all metal but I can't be certain, definitely cool and smooth to the touch. Unfortunately this player suffers some issues when it comes to actual music listening, there is a faint hissing in background but it may be because I am using really sensitive IEMs.

If it wasn't for the hissing, it would have been a nice player to have around while my main DAP is in for repair.

duo8 t1_islu6af wrote

It's likely a metal cover over an internal plastic frame.

A1R_Lxiom t1_iskq52a wrote

The ier-m9 is the best looking iem I've ever seen.

levevy t1_isk8m8d wrote

I had one of these and a pair of old beats iems in like grade 7-9. Those were good times lol

soupfries123balls t1_iskdshe wrote

That's pretty cool looking. I have a nwz-b152f (sick name) and now i really feel like buying an Ier m9 lol

shinyskuirel t1_iskvjos wrote

I had one of those I bought it 1 year ago and lost it recently :(

Akella333 OP t1_iskwosn wrote

Aw that sucks, but it seems like you can still get them!

shinyskuirel t1_ismykwe wrote

I tried to buy a another one but it seems that they are not being sold anymore in my area

Discopandda t1_iskwy4e wrote

This is cyberpunk af, loved it

haziq110 t1_islbv41 wrote

The Walkman stick is so nostalgic man, I had those back in boarding school because we couldn’t bring our smartphones so we listened to music on these instead. Sadly mine’s no longer working but they were fantastic at the time.

What player do you use to drive your m9s? I kinda want a dedicated DAP for Apple Music lossless but not sure what pairs well. The Sony DAPs look nice too but I heard the Android ones suffer from battery life.

Akella333 OP t1_islc7qr wrote

I use the ZX300 as my main device, but I would hold off on buying anything that's old because there's new models on the way. The smaller NW-A55 was also a neat small handheld walkman, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them if you find one for a good price.

haziq110 t1_islkttm wrote

The a55/zx300 looks really nice but unfortunately I use Apple music so I need Android for that. The a105 on the other hand has worse battery life (as many reported) so it’s not for me as well. The zx507 seems like a great DAP but at that price, there are other options as well so I’m on the fence.

Thanks for the advice though!

Akella333 OP t1_isllpi4 wrote

Yeah like I said, new ZX and AW models are coming soon per leaks. Both have android so might be perfect for your use case.

randomron11 t1_ismg8zi wrote

I have 6 full size over ear headphones and a few iems, some way more expensive than M9s but nothing beats their soundstage, just phenomenal, love them. Also love the fact that they are pillow friendly. Congrats to the happy owner! Just one advice: don’t use any antiseptic for the cable, it messes up the insulation.

palindromeii t1_ismk65z wrote

iPods are pretty great, but USB MP3 players are underrated as fuck! love it!

Independent_Yam_625 t1_isnna1q wrote

It just sucks that their storage has always been so small. Max I’ve seen is 8GB for such players. If I could put in 256gb SD card in one of these I’d rock it daily lmao

palindromeii t1_isnpzbw wrote

There's gotta be some way to Frankenstein the flash storage off of a bigger USB drive and put it inside the guts of this thing. I imagine that the inevitable software compatibility issues and hardware faliure would be a nightmare though.

Kydarellas t1_isngm8i wrote

Ahh, a fellow chad IER-M9 enjoyer. Easily my favorite IEMs in the world

TheUberMedic786 t1_iso7e5c wrote

Ah, Heaven's Divide, a person of good taste in music.

BaertigerMensch t1_ismvexw wrote

How do like the ier-m9? I was searching for some iems. :)

Akella333 OP t1_ismvx5x wrote

Phenomenal honestly, I keep getting impressed with them even though I've had them for many months already. Imaging and clarity is something you'll notice right away, some even say that the imaging on the M9s is the best of most IEMs out there but I can't compare myself.