Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

twd_2003 t1_iy1klbx wrote

In the same way that adding forced induction to an engine is cheating. It’s about the end experience after all; who cares what the manufacturer did to get there (particularly at that end of the pricing scale)?

LikesTheTunaHere t1_iy1nar6 wrote

Forced induction might be the greatest thing ever to happen to engines. Got 6 second quarter mile time Eagle Talons making 1800hp thanks to big ass turbski's. Its a beautiful thing.

Blze001 t1_iy1u6kn wrote

And 2 of those seconds is just turbo lag

IMKGI t1_iy2mwfw wrote

Well, if I get a 200hp naturally aspirated car and I slap a 1bar turbo on it I can essentially double my horsepower, if I do the same to a 200hp car which already has a turbo in it I'd be lucky to get to 300hp, so yeah, fuck that, Honda S2000 it is for me

Amphiscian t1_iy3iphz wrote

would a better analogy be the Mustang 4-bangers having fake engine noise piped into the car via the stereo system?

twd_2003 t1_iy3z6df wrote

The audio experience of forced induction isn’t its main purpose tho; and in any case even many N/A cars have audio piped in because the noise isolation is so good these days. The primary reason for forced induction is speed or efficiency, and the primary reason for DSP is “better” sound