Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SteakTree t1_j2avm1x wrote

We don't need to apply a certain 'sound' to all sets. The HD660S are a culmination in years of understanding audio by Sennheiser. For my personal preferences and by accord a number of others, these are the best tuned headphones I've heard, even more so than a Focal Utopia.

These are wonderful keep that icky Harman* stuff away!

*j/k obviously but people give it far too much cred. I also enjoy Harman too.

SlowestSundew7 OP t1_j2azkc9 wrote

These things are amazing, and easy to drive, too. I've never had my windows volume past 12% for these things and I'm just driving them off my motherboard

SteakTree t1_j2b00v1 wrote

They 660S are finally getting there place in the sun. Similar to when the 650 was introduced as a different flavour to the beloved 600/580 series.

Farpun t1_j2bmse7 wrote

Doesn't the 660 follow Harman quite closely? 600 does and that's pretty close tuning to a 660

SteakTree t1_j2bnj28 wrote

It is mostly the lower end tuning that differs. Now that said I’ve never pumped up the bass on the 660S and it may sound great but I’m fine with most dynamic drivers rolling off a bit on the subbass. In a lot of ways larger amount of bass from Harman tries to make up for the lack of tactile bass that we would feel. It is more engaging.

Farpun t1_j2bp2mo wrote

Yeah i'lld love to use a subpac with a dynamic like a 600 and set it to take over where the bass rolls off. You're really lucky to have a cool setup!