Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blargh4 t1_iyw9buo wrote

FYI apple makes a 3.5mm -> lightning adapter you can use to connect these wired. It’s $35 and really should have been included, but Apple gonna Apple

niccotaglia OP t1_iywb3nm wrote

Gonna see if a normal lightning to 3.5 dongle (the one you use for the iPhone and that costs $10) works. This way I'll be able to use a wire that has a mic built in (the only thing I used my old XM3s with a cable for was a PS4 controller)

update:it doesn't work

niccotaglia OP t1_iyw71um wrote

So far I'm more than impressed with the sound quality and build quality. The sound is warm but balanced and the build quality is absolutely stunning compared to any other headphones I've used. The controls are also much more intuitive than any touch controls out there (thank you Apple for using physical controls). Compared to my Pros they have a much fuller sound, especially with treble (on the Pros it's a bit excessive and Ss, Ts and cymbals can be a bit shrill sometimes). Compared to my old headphones (Sony WH-1000XM3s they are much more balanced and thus don't require EQ (apart from the Apple Music built in "Increase Bass" EQ preset I use across the board for my 24"iMac built in speakers and any headphones I use). The Sonys also had annoying touch controls and they relied on Headphones Connect for any adjustments, which doesn't run on any desktop platforms (I tried side loading the iOS app on my M1 Mac to no avail). The only gripes I have with them are the lack of wired input, (which I rarely if ever used it with my XM3s anyway) and the infamous "bra" carrying case, which I only use to put them in standby mode (I plan on getting a proper hard case before I ever need to take them out and about, but I have my Pros for that anyway)

TRX808 t1_iywgioi wrote

I'm not going to shit on the product but this reads like an ad.

blargh4 t1_iywy3k8 wrote

lol, as opposed to the usual "these headphones are so amazing it's like the band is playing in my living room" reviews here?

ItDoesntSeemToBeWrkn t1_iz41sq6 wrote

i dont understand the hate, its apple, its overpriced, but you get average/decent sound + spatial audio, AMAZING noise cancelling, really good transparency and its wireless, and its cheaper than focal bathys. Depending on OP's use case, these are superior in every way except for sound

niccotaglia OP t1_iz45k0v wrote

I mainly got them cause of the H1 chip and integration with my Apple devices (I am balls deep in the ecosystem basically). I also wanted decent wireless headphones that didn’t have idiotic touch controls cough cough Sony cough cough and didn’t rely on a shitty app for updates and settings. cough cough also Sony cough cough. I also love the the build quality and after seeing the teardown and seeing the attention to detail on the inside I made up my mind

Dalmigarath t1_iyw98hh wrote

I had a set and they played nicely with my iPhone, but I was using a PC for my computing needs and had a lot of connection issues. The lightning charging port and lack of a 3.5mm jack was a little frustrating. Overall they were great when I use them with my iPhone.

I want to get another set now that I have MacBook Pro.

TheOneWhoReadsStuff t1_iz8khec wrote

They’re among my favorite headphones of all time (when on Apple devices). Theyre meh on windows, and I get a big latency issue when watching videos or gaming.

niccotaglia OP t1_iywb9gy wrote

Given how all-in I am in the Apple ecosystem the AirPods were a no-brainer tbh. I have a Mac, iPhone and iPad, and they work beautifully with all 3

Dalmigarath t1_iywdugu wrote

I like to use headphones when I am playing games on the Xbox and it's nice to be able to plug in my v-moda boommic to the controller and whatever headphones. Wish I could do that with the AirPods Max.

Harthacnut t1_iywh8mg wrote

They're official Apple headphones?! I kept seeing them on the tube and thought they were the usual seasonal fashion headphones that I notice coming and going throughout the years.

(I remember enamel looking looking headphones being all the rage a few years ago.)