Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ststairz t1_j69zmlw wrote

Too much of a hassle. I was using my Shure SE846 with oratory1990's EQ for a short while then no longer bother. I believe if you need to EQ your headphones in order to like them, then they're simply not for you.

−4

AnOldMoth t1_j6bha99 wrote

That is entirely untrue. Several of my favorite headphones needed EQ, and were magical once I did. Without them they were decent at best, like the Ananda. Most headphones to my ears literally require it to not sound like hot garbage.

I have never liked a headphone without EQ, and I have tried dozens upon dozens... Well, except the Warwick Bravura, that thing actually just sounded good without anything done to them at all, but I don't have thousands to spend.

And if EQ spares me thousands of dollars, then why on earth would I not spend a few minutes setting it up? I'm not THAT lazy.

ststairz t1_j6blxpd wrote

My point is "it's too much of a hassle". Majority of people including myself, just wanna plug and play. I tested oratory1990's EQ harman target. Does it sound good afterwards? Yes. But stock tuning sounds good to my ears as well. There're different, but not for the worse or better. OP asked why people chose not to use EQ. That's my answer. I'm happy with my iem's stock sound signature.

−2

AnOldMoth t1_j6bu45k wrote

I was responding to the last sentence, the rest is valid.