Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

luna-satella t1_j6gyt8o wrote

Reply to comment by No_Analysis6187 in oh chifi, never change by Nosapaw

It's really good for countries with exorbitant mark up on headphones and iem prices or even speaker. like Sennheiser HD6XX cost $400! or Sennheiser HD800S costs $2000!

No_Analysis6187 t1_j6gzpqo wrote

Yeah, HD600 cost around $400 in where I live (Indonesia), but you can still get the likes of S12 or Kato for normal price. Some sellers unfortunately intentionally mark up the price because something is very popular though, like how Hexa costs above $100 here.

torchgasher t1_j6id7g8 wrote

In brazil the hd600 costs 600 usd ... and the minimum wage is 250 usd

blorg t1_j6mmo80 wrote

The issue with the Truthear Hexa is it's exclusive to Shenzhen Audio, so there isn't any dealer price.

So anyone reselling it in Indonesia has to buy it from Shenzhen Audio at $80, add any import duties and VAT likely bringing it to around $90 cost and then $10 profit.

Other stuff, that is actually sold by multiple places, they can buy it at a MUCH lower dealer price (could easily be well under half the Western MSRP, as some stuff even sells to end users for under half Western MSRP) and that gives them more room to sell cheaper.

Here in Thailand, Chi-Fi is typically actually cheaper than Western countries, because it's sold cheaper to a developing market. But the Hexa isn't, because it's not distributed like this, it's Shenzhen Audio only.

You should still be able to buy directly from Shenzhen Audio yourself (either their own store or on AliExpress) for the same $80 price as everyone else. I got it from Ali on release for $65 with discounts.

For that matter this local seller on Shopee has it for 1.28m, which is $85, with discount coupons that could even possibly be below $80:

https://shopee.co.id/product/159299554/17991886433

That's a 30 day pre-order because what that seller is going to do when you order it, is go order it from Shenzhen Audio himself.

imabeach47 t1_j6hjelo wrote

I mean 400 for 600 is fair, it is the MSRP. MSRP for 650 is 550. Inflation is making the prices go up, I got my 650 for 325€ a couple years ago. They are worth the market prices and the MSRP as well.

−6