Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LoneRanger21 t1_j57u339 wrote

I want a pair of these but cannot possibly justify them right now after buying new cans on Black Friday. Would love to stumble upon a good deal for them later this year.

Partially because I really like my K240s and would love more premium AKG sound.

Mostly because K-ON!! is an easy top 10 anime imo & they'd look nice next to my Mio nendoroid.

plmon24 t1_j581qnw wrote

Check out the European retailer Thomann. Even with international shipping and duties, certain headphones like the K701 end up costing way less because of how high they get marked up elsewhere.

1trickana t1_j5a5u87 wrote

Thomann is great, is where I bought my AH-D9200s from

D3athCAP OP t1_j57vf1i wrote

Funny thing is, I just got the DT 770 Pro in November lol, Christmas came wayyyy too early for me this year. I found the K701 on Amazon for $230, which is what it should've cost. But over here, music stores wants $525 for them, even on the official AKG website. So I couldn't hold back against that %50 off Amazon was offering.

I hope you get your pairs soon! I can confirm, Mio got great taste, in bass guitars and headphones. I do wonder, was it her seiyuu Yoko Hikasa choice or if it was handed to the character. Because if I remember correctly, most of the songs (and probably the incredible bassline) were written by Mio herself. Yoko Hikasa actually learned how to play a lefty bass. That's probably my favorite thing about K-On.