Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

trowawaid t1_ivrxl76 wrote

Some of them were intended for the gods. (They were made on flat ground, so they could really only be seen in any way up high).

Others were on sides of mountains, etc, so they could be seen by people at certain places. They were potentially waypoints or territorial markers (though we can't really know for sure).

Sketchy-Fish t1_ivtknmd wrote

Haven’t some of them got a water connection as well? As understood it some of them have openings so can access water in this part of the world,like they made man made waterways through the desert areas from the mountains.. very cool water management..

trowawaid t1_ivtmo1z wrote

Oh that would be interesting! (I was only repeating what I read in the article, but that's a really cool notion too).

Sketchy-Fish t1_ivtmtas wrote

As was I mate hahaha but isn’t that what learning is about?? Just picking what to learn isn’t it?

cartoptauntaun t1_ivtzvy1 wrote

I’ve only read about what you’re describing in articles about the Middle East. Maybe similar things exist in SA but I don’t recall reading anything about Nazca lines and man made aquifers

Sketchy-Fish t1_ivu2bfn wrote

Yer they are spiral shaped and run along in very long lines! Maybe there not right by the pictures on desert floor but they def have them.. il see if can link to what I mean

hazpat t1_ivukq52 wrote

Those are seperate features from the lines. Like saying the pyramids were used for irrigation because irrigation channels were found in the same area.

rofltide t1_ivub02n wrote

Well that's interesting. With planes, we humans can see the ones on flat now. Wonder how long it would take us to convince them we're not gods if we met today...