Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lazyjellything t1_jdrj552 wrote

Humidity accumulates faster than you think, could be as simple as pocket sweat. Give it a couple hours and you should be fine, if not, as others suggested, you can try to carefully flush it with isoprophyl alcohol and if even that fails, you have to go get it checked

Clavis_Apocalypticae t1_jds8kfx wrote

“Pocket sweat”?

Holy fucking hell! How sweaty are you, dude?

neverinamillionyr t1_jdsb181 wrote

I had the Genius Bar decline a warranty repair because I carried the phone in my front pocket and guys are damp there. Yes, warranty declined because of sweaty balls.

Moisture indicators were triggered, likely because I have it in the bathroom when I shower but that’s what the genius told me when I argues it had never been wet.

Business-Parsnip-939 t1_jdt2ihc wrote

Funny how they look for moisture indicators instead of actually checking if there’s been water damage

Aeonon2 t1_jdussl3 wrote

Steam from being in the bathroom during a shower is quite harmful though, as the warm steam can over time weaken the seals in your phone. The same thing happens if it is submerged in water too much as well. Having your phone in a damp pocket would be no problem though, just as using it in the rain is ok too.

UndertaleShorts t1_jds8uzg wrote

Ikr WTF I’ve never even heard of ppl’s pockets sweating wtf

Clavis_Apocalypticae t1_jdsniwy wrote

I’ve got a bunch of people up in my replies telling me that they, too, have pocket sweat.

It’s so strange because I’ve always thought that I had to be the sweatiest person on Earth. Like, I sweat when it’s any warmer than 65°F. But stuff in my pockets never gets sweaty. What a nightmare!

Dick_Lazer t1_jdusua7 wrote

Probably depends on how humid it is where you are as well. A phone is going to get damp in Louisiana a lot quicker than in Nevada.

MegaRodeon t1_jdsgmer wrote

You’d be surprised. I can’t walk 5 minutes without feeling a little sticky already, and that’s at normal speed.

Lazyjellything t1_jdskzxl wrote

I can just sit, do nothing and still have my phone a little moist on the screen 🤷🏻‍♀️ im not even a sweaty persom

MegaRodeon t1_jdsl9vp wrote

Yeah, so imagine what it’s like for sweaty people.

Lazyjellything t1_jdskta2 wrote

First of all not a dude 😃 and sure maybe i wear somewhat tighter pants, but have you never pulled a phone out of your pocket with some moisture on your screen? 😅 feels like it happens all the time

Knuschberkeks t1_jdso3eo wrote

Some people carry their phone while working out.

Clavis_Apocalypticae t1_jdtx8ru wrote

I’m one of them. Never a sweaty phone. Maybe I don’t go hard enough and need to up my game 😂