Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Clipsy1985 t1_je3xprg wrote

These are the only states that legally allow Digital IDs - so whenever new states pass legislation.

0000GKP t1_je4kxhu wrote

> These are the only states that legally allow Digital IDs - so whenever new states pass legislation.

Louisiana has been using a digital ID app since 2018. It has your driver’s license, hunting & fishing licenses, concealed carry permits, and vaccination records.

State law requires that the app be accepted for specific things and also soecifies certain things that it can’t be used for. As far as I know, there are no laws yet that make a digital ID valid in every state like a physical ID is.

TheWhyOfFry t1_je40ov4 wrote

https://www.npr.org/local/305/2021/12/09/1062661796/d-c-council-approves-digital-driver-s-licenses-but-we-don-t-know-when-we-ll-get-them

> At least 11 states have passed legislation allowing digital IDs

As of Dec 2021, it’s not just a legal issue for more states…

Feeling-Orange3229 t1_je6xq5d wrote

The only states that allow digital id through Apple. Foe example I live in Florida and they allow digital ID, but through Florida’s digital ID app

lntenseLlama t1_je8m41t wrote

Where can you actually use it? Never seen it accepted in anywhere in CO.

Clipsy1985 t1_jeaz6vo wrote

State agencies, Interacting with law enforcement, buying booze, pot, etc. It came in stages like police was the end of 2019, state patrol was the end of 2020, and I think booze/pot was this year.