Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

eric1306 t1_jecsyuk wrote

Always finish on da Bach. Never finish on Debussy

marxcom t1_jed7dqa wrote

Yes. When Debussy was young that’s when you want Debussy.

0xe1e10d68 t1_jec26tb wrote

Dutch, what a beautiful language

Inquisitive_idiot t1_jedkxrl wrote

I mean, why not make the words longer if the letters are free, right?

Grahomir t1_jedy44h wrote

I mean, why wouldn’t you write longer and more detailed coherent strings of letters, also known as words which are also put next to each other and therefore forming meaningful sentences if you can do so without paying anything , right?

Inquisitive_idiot t1_jedybd1 wrote

1. This kills the joke 💀
  2. Schipol (airport name) is my favorite Dutch ( or German for that matter ) word since I don’t run out of breath when trying to say it 😌

Mustermuss t1_jeccay5 wrote

Why do they have separate app for classical music when on can use normal music app?

xtremekhalif t1_jeda7pp wrote

As far as I can make out, it’s for metadata purposes and for making searching easier. So in most pop music you have the artist and the song, pretty simple. Yeah you get cover versions but for the most part there’s one standardised version of every song.

For classical music there can be up to thousands of recordings for a single piece, the new app just stores those recordings in a more accessible way.

Reallytalldude t1_jectqcp wrote

And why is this perfectly valid question downvoted?

migle75 t1_jee8kmw wrote

Because there are plenty of answers everywhere since its very commonly asked. Just google it. Reddit has been pretty good about it and plenty patient with people, I think its reaching the end of that.

agreeableperson t1_jeedhn9 wrote

Don't worry, soon people will just ask ChatGPT everything instead of Google or other people.

Edit: Oh look, here's what it says:

> Apple created a separate app for classical music called "Classical Music" in order to provide a more tailored and specialized experience for listeners of classical music.

> Classical music has unique characteristics such as longer track lengths, multi-movement works, and extensive metadata (such as composer, conductor, orchestra, and soloists) that may not be well-suited to the traditional music app interface. The Classical Music app provides features that are specifically designed to enhance the listening experience for classical music enthusiasts, such as better organization of works and movements, detailed composer and performer biographies, and a comprehensive library of recordings.

> Additionally, the Classical Music app offers curated playlists, recommendations, and exclusive content, such as interviews with classical musicians and composers, which are not available on the standard music app. By offering a separate app for classical music, Apple is able to better serve the needs and preferences of its classical music listeners and provide a more tailored and enjoyable listening experience.

aquoad t1_jeehoz6 wrote

a little repetitive but actually not bad.

Comi94 t1_jecgwcb wrote

I don’t get it as well…

−11

Sm00gz t1_jebl6br wrote

You should check out twoset violin on yt, they've taught me so much about classical.

arny56 t1_jeccb7q wrote

Were is Wolfgang?

vkhrolov t1_jed5qqe wrote

Ohhh I de bussy, first on the bach then on the bussy

KenRodriguezz t1_jed6new wrote

Even the font matches the classical vibe, cool touch from Apple

Akimbek12 t1_jeffzcn wrote

Mozart is currently celebrating in his grave at the thought of his music being listened to on a dedicated app for the weirdos like myself who nerd out to classical music.

TheNewtBeGaming t1_jef3nb5 wrote

what is the name of the app? or is this built into apple music? android guy here so I can't check.

redsigned OP t1_jef3qkc wrote

Good question. I’m not sure if Apple Music Classical is on android as well

TheNewtBeGaming t1_jef6r9e wrote

technically, apple music is, but it's designed to be a piece of garbage so you'll want to buy an iphone, which makes sense. I'll check. thanks for telling me the name anyway.

lharsch4 t1_jeg96ws wrote

Fredric fucking Chopin?

abhinav248829 t1_jedbj7g wrote

Why does it have to be separate App?

−1

n0rpie t1_jedokyq wrote

Do you listen to classical music?

-thenorthremembers- t1_jebx5vl wrote

Just out of curiousity, how is this different from Spotify streaming?

−3

redsigned OP t1_jebx8ri wrote

I don’t know, friend. I don’t use Spotify.

manueldigital t1_jecazf4 wrote

this could be an endless discussion... my opinion: i hate ad-driven business models because you smell it in every app this kind of businesses create. and Apple pays attention to detail. Spotify doesn't care about details, at least that was my impression back when i used it.

NomadicXian t1_jeddrmj wrote

I have been a Spotify user for years and I’m currently on the trial for the Classical app. Spotify doesn’t have the level of detail in the menus for classical music. I can sort by instruments, period, etc. can’t do any of that on Spotify. It’s just way different. Really enjoying it so far

manueldigital t1_jecbfoo wrote

Apple cares (used to care a lot more) about the real experience of consuming content, Spotify does not. It's as simple as that.

Plus: a sign Spotify doesn't care about real value for their users is the fact that they don't even offer Shortcut support.

−2

hillandrenko t1_jeboam8 wrote

Not much diversity with these guys is there? OWM for OWM

−27

redsigned OP t1_jebow13 wrote

Name one black composer from the baroque, classical or romantic era

CarinasHere t1_jec0rj5 wrote

Chevalier de Saint-Georges

redsigned OP t1_jec1556 wrote

Well done

hillandrenko t1_jefv7w0 wrote

Thank you. You unwittingly backed me up by asking a question not many people would be able to answer. The fact that it was a tough question indicates the dominance of OWM in the genre and the lack of diversity

redsigned OP t1_jefwdl5 wrote

You’re so full of shit that you take my compliment for someone else to yourself. Get lost

[deleted] t1_jeet9fx wrote

[deleted]

hillandrenko t1_jefunsp wrote

They don't get an app exclusively featuring what they do made by a company with a huge user base and they aren't exclusively followed only by people of the same skin color (by and large, I will add before you begin to fulminate)

−1