Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Generalrossa t1_irqcgat wrote

> Worth noting her device has been overheating to the point it stops itself from charging in normal scenarios - so we will be going back to apple about that. Perhaps we both ended up with defective units?

Worth noting that a lot of people, if not everyone is having overheating and battery issues with iOS16, which I’m 90% sure is the culprit.

> The iOS diagnostics say my battery health is 100%. Maybe 5G/5G UWB is draining it? I didn’t have that with the 8+.

Well of course diagnostics is going to say your battery health is 100%, lol your brand new 14 is what, not even a month old?

I’d say 5G would be draining battery.

Truly_Unending_ t1_irsjeey wrote

Yes you’re correct, these 14 pro models are insanely susceptible to high 5G battery drain, at least on this version of iOS. I would recommend everyone turn their 5G off for the time being if they care about long battery life. When I turned LTE on, I went from getting like 7 hours of SOT to now getting about 12 hours SOT. Insane difference.

Generalrossa t1_irst3tb wrote

Wow that is insane.

Truly_Unending_ t1_irt87ly wrote

Yes it is. I don’t know what’s causing the 14’s to not be able to handle 5G without massive battery drain but just TURN THE 5G OFF!!!