Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

oVerboostUK t1_iuaqrzk wrote

As mentioned, camera protectors are a waste of time. You wouldn’t put rubbish plastic on top of a professional camera lens, same applies for your iPhone.

soiboybetacuck OP t1_iuaunur wrote

Ya well I got kids man.

−16

oVerboostUK t1_iuav7jj wrote

So? Don’t leave your phone laying around where they can get to it then… if you just leave it within reach of them, or worse let them play games on it which I’ve seen many people do, then the chances of it getting damaged increase massively.

rcrter9194 t1_iuawn7h wrote

To be honest mate, so long as you’ve got a case on around the kids, you’ll be fine. The camera lenses are quite strong against impact (in my experience anyways) just don’t forget to clean them if they kids get a hold haha.

fs454 t1_iuazdn9 wrote

The camera is not a weak point in the design whatsoever.

oldeurofan t1_iuaxa2k wrote

u/soiboybetacuck you could try a case with a cover that slides over the camera. When you take a pic, you just slide it out of the way. I've seen a few of them, tech21 has one, it's a bit bulky looking, but looks protective. :)

Enidx10 t1_iubdryl wrote

The lenses are bar none the most durable/scratch resistant parts of the entire phone. What are you doing, man?!

BlackHole6Cut t1_iud0eki wrote

They're the most scratch resistant, not durable. The more scratch resistant (hard) something is, the easier it will be to crack (more brittle).