Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Lwzwz OP t1_ix6xr4e wrote

Phone is untouched. Never been fixed. Some camera features are not working

DisconnectedDays t1_ix702qn wrote

Where did u get the phone?

theshrimpking773 t1_ix8grh7 wrote

This happened with my 13 pro max I had to take it in and they had to replace the whole camera module it sucked

tnelz28 t1_ix9ap99 wrote

Happened to my 13 pro as well. Apple took forever getting the phone back to me 🙄

[deleted] t1_ix7k0qd wrote

[deleted]

Lwzwz OP t1_ix7k2q8 wrote

.5 zoom and cinematic isn’t working

[deleted] t1_ix7kaly wrote

[deleted]

devpsaux t1_ix7tyl2 wrote

Even if you don’t have warranty, I’d contact Apple. They are usually good about fixing stuff even out of warranty if it’s their fault

Lwzwz OP t1_ix89nsq wrote

My warranty just expired last month. I contacted them, they said it’s unfortunate but they can’t do anything now 😆 should i just wait for the next update and hope for the best?

knuckle_cracker t1_ix8zrbf wrote

I would 100% call back and politely ask for a Senior Advisor. I have ZERO doubt that they won't help you get this squared away for free. I would even ask if they could do an express replacement in which they put a hold for like $1,000 (USD) on your credit card/payment source and send you a replacement device. You then send your old device back and they remove the hold. There's normally a fee for this, but you can assuredly get this all taken care of for free as long as you're nice and ask for a one-time exception, considering the circumstances and shitty timing.

MightyDeekin t1_ix9pa4d wrote

For express replacement you'd need Applecare+. And if OP had that they'd still be in the 2-year Applecare+ service window.

knuckle_cracker t1_ix9plq0 wrote

Take it from me, they can process an express replacement without AppleCare+. They can also waive the $39 fee.

Ilyum t1_ix8zx18 wrote

Take it to an Apple Store, I’ve had situations where customer support is unhelpful but the Apple Store people do what’s right

Rizzyy_ t1_ix8ap3k wrote

You can downgrade to IOS 16.1 still

Lwzwz OP t1_ix8votc wrote

Support said its not possible

−3

Hunter_Ware t1_ix96jvw wrote

It is possible. Just downgrade using IPSW.me (you can only restore to the green signed ones)

Rizzyy_ t1_ix8w3z6 wrote

That’s BS you definitely still can just look up a guide and make sure you backup your phone. As long as 16.1 is being signed by Apple you can downgrade.

MightyDeekin t1_ix9pisl wrote

There isn't an official Apple-approved way, so support won't be able to mention it.

TheKelz t1_ix9k0er wrote

I work at Apple Support and I can give you a little advice. Try calling them and see if they can check what can they do. That helps when your device is out of warranty.

ktappe t1_ixa3rgk wrote

Don’t give up. This is Apple‘s fault, not yours. Be firm and tell them they need to fix it.

TJ2040 t1_ixa1ayj wrote

This happened to me recently on a 4 day old 14pro max, apple replaced the device.

XeyIsBae t1_ix9he7v wrote

Possibly a dumb question but your battery and service Icon, how did you get them like that?

Rizzyy_ t1_ix9sqeg wrote

Service icon is because OP has 2 sims. Battery icon is from iOS 16.1 which enables a percent option in the settings.

acristo t1_ix9lxb7 wrote

@battery icon - it's new setting. I believe it appeared on my 12 mini after update to 16.1. It's off by default.

LyftedX t1_ixah7yq wrote

Happened to my 13PM

They had originally tried replacing the module but then just replaced the entire device.

CharlieHello00 t1_ixc7in0 wrote

My 11 PM got crazy since iOS 16. Camera wont work at all and when sometimes work its jiggle or have color lines all the cross the photo. It’s practically unusable. I have AC+ but Im waiting for new iPhone so I can send it to fix.

My pal, you are not alone and this is obviously Apple’s fault.

ICURSEDANGEL t1_ixcp75m wrote

Its annoying rear portrait, cinematic and alot of glitches will happen. Also the Lidar sensor will not work which makes rear portrait mode unusable. Happened to me previously

hobbieboy87 t1_ixaik8e wrote

i dont like the camera video of iphone 13 when making video walking looks like lots Zoom on the floor my eyes 👀 don’t need any updates i can see very clear and perfect day or night no blurry at all

−1