Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lwzwz OP t1_ix7k2q8 wrote

.5 zoom and cinematic isn’t working

[deleted] t1_ix7kaly wrote

[deleted]

devpsaux t1_ix7tyl2 wrote

Even if you don’t have warranty, I’d contact Apple. They are usually good about fixing stuff even out of warranty if it’s their fault

Lwzwz OP t1_ix89nsq wrote

My warranty just expired last month. I contacted them, they said it’s unfortunate but they can’t do anything now 😆 should i just wait for the next update and hope for the best?

knuckle_cracker t1_ix8zrbf wrote

I would 100% call back and politely ask for a Senior Advisor. I have ZERO doubt that they won't help you get this squared away for free. I would even ask if they could do an express replacement in which they put a hold for like $1,000 (USD) on your credit card/payment source and send you a replacement device. You then send your old device back and they remove the hold. There's normally a fee for this, but you can assuredly get this all taken care of for free as long as you're nice and ask for a one-time exception, considering the circumstances and shitty timing.

MightyDeekin t1_ix9pa4d wrote

For express replacement you'd need Applecare+. And if OP had that they'd still be in the 2-year Applecare+ service window.

knuckle_cracker t1_ix9plq0 wrote

Take it from me, they can process an express replacement without AppleCare+. They can also waive the $39 fee.

Ilyum t1_ix8zx18 wrote

Take it to an Apple Store, I’ve had situations where customer support is unhelpful but the Apple Store people do what’s right

Rizzyy_ t1_ix8ap3k wrote

You can downgrade to IOS 16.1 still

Lwzwz OP t1_ix8votc wrote

Support said its not possible

−3

Hunter_Ware t1_ix96jvw wrote

It is possible. Just downgrade using IPSW.me (you can only restore to the green signed ones)

Rizzyy_ t1_ix8w3z6 wrote

That’s BS you definitely still can just look up a guide and make sure you backup your phone. As long as 16.1 is being signed by Apple you can downgrade.

MightyDeekin t1_ix9pisl wrote

There isn't an official Apple-approved way, so support won't be able to mention it.

TheKelz t1_ix9k0er wrote

I work at Apple Support and I can give you a little advice. Try calling them and see if they can check what can they do. That helps when your device is out of warranty.

ktappe t1_ixa3rgk wrote

Don’t give up. This is Apple‘s fault, not yours. Be firm and tell them they need to fix it.