Submitted by Every_Economics4748 t3_ytjim8 in iphone

Updating to iOS 16 just to find out I need a computer to activate developer mode. Is there any way to downgrade? I want to go back to 15 purely out of spite. Never buying iPhone again.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dntipwn t1_iw4gb0z wrote

Go to privacy and security and scroll to the bottom to developer mode. Turn it on.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4gcgd wrote

The option isn’t there.

−4

dntipwn t1_iw4gnp2 wrote

That’s really odd. I never had to use a computer for anything on a iPhone. I backup just because I’m not gonna pay for iCloud but that’s it.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4guke wrote

It’s because everything I’ve researched has said they removed it and you now need a pc to even activate it.

−1

hillandrenko t1_iw4h4bn wrote

Aren't you supposed to research stuff before you do something, not after? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4h77z wrote

I did, how am I supposed to know everything was outdated because they removed the option?

−6

dskatter t1_iw4nwd9 wrote

Given that you spent $60 on a used iPhone, I doubt Apple is worried about you never buying one again.

Generalrossa t1_iw4gk8o wrote

You don’t have a computer??

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4gp6n wrote

Too expensive with todays economy, already 50 hour work weeks just to barely get by.

−9

Generalrossa t1_iw4guo7 wrote

You can literally get a computer that’s cheaper then the iPhone you paid for.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4gwpu wrote

My phone was 60$. I highly doubt that. iPhone XR.

Generalrossa t1_iw4h0lz wrote

Please elaborate.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4h2om wrote

On what? Nothing I said was ambiguous. The average American can’t afford a pc in this garbage economy.

−2

Generalrossa t1_iw4hb7r wrote

On how you got an iPhone for $60

Like are you paying it off on a plan per month or did you literally get an iPhone for $60?

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4he4b wrote

Family members old phone, although I don’t see how that’s relevant to the thread.

−1

Generalrossa t1_iw4hot8 wrote

Ok I was just wondering how you could afford an iPhone, since it’s such an expensive item and not a computer.

I guess your only option is to use a family/friends computer or go to a library or something.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4i0o7 wrote

I’d rather use my old android with a broken screen at this point. I only posted here to rant honestly, why they would even add access to it just to remove it is troll af.

−2

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4kk8u wrote

Would jailbreaking it be a solution or is a pc needed for that? Never done it before.

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw4j5wt wrote

I lost nearly 4gb by updating and the only thing I wanted/needed to use is unavailable.

−2

Every_Economics4748 OP t1_iw6ap8s wrote

Love all the downvotes, tell me… how good can apple be if they can’t even offer a service that android does? 🤔

−3

dskatter t1_iw6zxx0 wrote

If the lack of a developer mode is your sole make or break item, then please just smash/sell the phone and get some crappy $60 prepaid android device.

You’re being downvoted because you’re complaining about something utterly pointless and you sound silly for doing so.