Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TWYFAN97 t1_iydof8d wrote

Testers have literally done this and the difference is negligible. If anything some tasks when the phone is locked to 60hz will use more battery since the phone with ProMotion 120hz off can go below 60hz. It very much sounds like an actual problem with your phone if you’re seeing significant drain with the feature on, get it checked by apple.

markaznar OP t1_iydp0fg wrote

It DOESN’T lock to 60! It moves from 10 to 60 as opposed to 10 to 120. Just try it yourself and see the difference!

I also thought it was negligible difference until I tried it myself on both my 13 and 14 pro max.

The 14 pro max is a touch better as it drives the screen down to 1hz, but it is still a significant difference, nevertheless.

Stop the YouTube koolaide

−1

TWYFAN97 t1_iydrpab wrote

It DOES lock to 60hz apple states this themselves. Maybe get off your self inflated high horse and come to the realization your phone HAS a problem. You should get through an entire day of heavy use and easily 2 days if your not using it as much. The 14 Pro Max only goes down to 1hz when the AOD is used.

markaznar OP t1_iydrv6n wrote

Lmfao. Sure, it locks to 60hz? Sure sure lol, no comment. Thanks

Maybe learn to READ before you embarrass yourself more?

Apple’s ProMotion displays can dynamically scale the refresh rates from 10Hz to 120Hz to match the task you’re doing. You can save battery life, to some extent, by limiting the display to 60 frames per second from the “Settings” app. Keep in mind that this option doesn’t turn off or disable the ProMotion technology.

https://www.howtogeek.com/765524/how-to-limit-promotion-displays-to-60hz-on-iphone-and-ipad/

TWYFAN97 t1_iydtu2n wrote

Ok thanks for proving your an idiot who doesn’t want to admit there’s obviously something wrong with your phone. You’ve been embarrassing yourself this whole time lol!

[deleted] t1_iydu7e8 wrote

[removed]

TWYFAN97 t1_iydub2h wrote

Stop deflecting how you are acting on me get yourself some help and figure out your phone issues.

markaznar OP t1_iyduq3r wrote

You are a joke! And now going out of your way to send me a Reddit crisis support. Just learn to read. Enough said

Short_Guy1104 t1_iydunxz wrote

Dude get off the guy clearly you got issues and your phones triggering you! 🤣 Maybe like he said get your phone checked out.

markaznar OP t1_iydvdxb wrote

Nope. Phones are fine. It is normal that the battery life should decrease with the option turned on. I have 9 friends over, and we just tested them, and yeah, there is an increase in battery drain which can be clearly seen whilst scrolling safari.

For the record, the battery life on either modes is stellar, but to dismiss the increase in battery consumption while on 120hz is just outright denial. I am still able to get two days worth of battery on 120hz, but then again, I prefer battery life over promotion. To each his own