Submitted by NYsloth t3_zzbbvl in iphone

Is it possible to get notifications on a locked home screen when receiving emails? I’ve tried everything I could find online. Talked to one Apple advisor who told me to update and then it should work. It didn’t. Talked to another one today who said that the Mail app is not supposed to have notifications like other apps? (He said to get outlook or gmail for notifications.) can anyone confirm whether this is true?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

0000GKP t1_j2alnjx wrote

>Is it possible to get notifications on a locked home screen when receiving emails? I’ve tried everything I could find online.

It should work as long as you have Lock Screen enabled in the mail notification settings. iOS 16 really messed up notifications for me though, and my mail notifications rarely show on the lock screen anymore. It's a real nuisance.

​

>Talked to one Apple advisor who told me to update and then it should work. It didn’t.

It should work, but it doesn't always work because of the changes Apple made in iOS 16. They broke notifications.

​

>Talked to another one today who said that the Mail app is not supposed to have notifications like other apps?

That person is incompetent and needs to be fired.

cr0wit0 t1_j2alsg4 wrote

What? That’s not the normal anymore?

Settings - notifications - show previews - always.

NYsloth OP t1_j2amkzd wrote

That’s the setting on my phone… but no notifications on the lock screen unfortunately

cr0wit0 t1_j2an7fj wrote

Then notifications - mail app Turn all 3 notifications ON Temporary style Show previews - always

If you have more than one mailbox, there will be a customize option at the bottom.

DoesGavinDance t1_j2ax5np wrote

I had this same issue and figured out a fix a few days ago.

Go to settings - mail -customize notifications - select mail account - sounds - choose a vibration sound and set alert tones to none.

Go back to customize notifications - remind me - choose a vibration sound and set alert tones to none.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with receiving notifications on the Lock Screen, but it's worked for me (so far).

Also, make sure you have alerts turned on. Seems obvious, but I think iOS 16 fucked up notification settings.

circatee t1_j2aldal wrote

Hmm, not sure about the default email app. But, with Outlook app, am pretty sure I get notifications about new emails on a locked screen.

However, it has been a few months now where I turned off notifications for emails, and simply have the badge icon only. To me, email is not as important as it used to be :)

−1