Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

0000GKP t1_j13minl wrote

You could spend $70 on a new battery and get another year at least, with much better performance than you are seeing now. It doesn't matter that settings says "peak performance". It's not.

I expect that the XR will get iOS 17, but probably not 18. You'll still get critical security updates for 17 during that next year. Hopefully the rumored 2024 SE which appears to be an XR clone will be out by then.

I've said I was going to replace my XR for the past 2 years, but I'm still holding on to it. I still get 5-6 hours of battery on a full charge. I rarely go longer than that without being around a charger, so it's been pretty manageable.

dooksy72 OP t1_j13ualx wrote

Exactly same here it does everything great for me. Perfect size physically and I only notice it getting low if I’m listening to music all day or on the phone for long periods. 100% battery would probably feel a lot better but it’s still more than capable

rickyandika97 t1_j1gcaev wrote

Im exactly in the same boat as you! I want to chabge my batteries but only by apple. 3rd party battery i’ve tried is exactly the same as my original used batteries