Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gorthaurl t1_j0tf2qj wrote

The fuck you’re talking about? We’re talking about obnoxious lack of detail on the pictures. This is because the noise reduction is too strong as to never have any noise but killing detail and texture in the process.

This is impossible to remove or tone down in iPhone pictures, not even in proraw mode because this is baked in. Everything else you can modify, but not this.

The only way to not have the overdone noise reduction is to shoot raw, and I mean real raw, not that proraw nonsense.

TWYFAN97 t1_j0tfdtk wrote

There is no lack of detail unless of course you zoom in like crazy, like with any photo. I’ve never had much of an issue with noise reduction being to strong and I’m well versed in the camera world as it’s part of my job. I have heard of those with issues but for the majority of people it’s not a problem. I get a new iPhone every year and throughly use the cameras so I am very attuned to any improvements or issues that may be present.

Sounds like your phone may have an issue if you have a lack of detail in general with your photos.