Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

blaine12100 t1_j64i5i5 wrote

Isn't the whole ecosystem kind of expensive?

I'm not sure if I want to spend money for the ecosystem (Don't require the iWatch/Mac).

Also can we use Google products instead of apple(maps, Gmail etc).

bloodxandxrank t1_j667esh wrote

you don't have to buy in to the eco system. i just found that apple products fit my needs better. you can still use any earbuds or anything else you want to. you can still use the google system as you please. you're not forced to using only apple apps. i regularly use google maps, gmail, google calndar, waze, and a lot of other apps that aren't specific to ios. i was a die hard android fan my whole life but apple was simple and everything worked well. i'm sure there are plenty of good android phones around these days too.

TheBlackFatCat t1_j6co3z2 wrote

Hi! Android user since day 1 here, my Samsung galaxy s8+ died last week so I decided to go for my first iPhone, a 14 pro max, it’s been doing great. I’m not in the Apple ecosystem and it’s still fine, I use the Google app alternatives as I can carry on with what I had and easily sync to my windows laptop. I also use Garmin watches and they also work quite well. As others have said, you don’t have to be tied to the ecosystem

blaine12100 t1_j6d2qec wrote

What about photo storage and stuff. Dy you need to use icloud or can you get by using Google drive only?

TheBlackFatCat t1_j6d2zwi wrote

I get by with only google drive (google photos). Everything gets uploaded there automatically