Submitted by BoredTJ t3_10pl0a3 in iphone

I’m currently rocking a Red XR 128gb that I’ve had pretty much since launch and it’s at 79% battery health so I’m planning on upgrading to either the 13 or the 13 mini my main concern is battery due to being using my phone for games and plenty of videos and music throughout the day (10+ hrs) But size may or may not matter as I used to have a 5s and a og se and I loved them both But I’d love to have something somewhat smaller than my XR so just looking for some opinions

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j6l2rrv wrote

> (10+ hrs)

The 13 mini is not for you. Also batteries tend to degrade over time and on the 13 mini it'd probably be a nightmare.

jayriff987 t1_j6l3cad wrote

I have the 12 Mini and love it, but don't play games or things like that. You'd probably want to go with the iPhone 13, as the screen size is identical to the XR, but has a better battery.

Daymope t1_j6l3h69 wrote

You will hate the battery life of the mini (or at least you’ll allways think „dang it I should have gotten the one with more battery life“) and you will get used to to bigger phone in no time.

Frankly speaking, the 6.1 models aren’t really that big. They are one handed operateable (is this really a word?) in 98% of the time.

If you are unsure, go to your next Apple Store and fiddle around with the devices.

Imma be biased, but I for myself NEED the bigger (aka plus/max) screen (and the battery life! It is so quality of life that i do not need to think about the battery for 2 days straight), but sometimes (not often though) I dig the small form factor of my work 13 vanilla. It has just about the right size and isn’t to big for your pockets. I surely can fit my 14 plus in my pockets but the difference in size is significant.

Regarding the mini, I think that it is comically small - WAY too small for a device which primary function is you staring at things it shows you on his display. And as I said: battery life is abysmal :/

TWYFAN97 t1_j6l89jh wrote

100% get the 13 based on your responses.

caxno t1_j6lh0is wrote

just replace the battery? looks like it's just $69

BoredTJ OP t1_j6lh986 wrote

Ik it’s about $84 if I send it in I could also spend like $40 and do it myself but I kinda want that older form factor we used to have with the 4,5,se1 series at the same token

boschrick t1_j6ll2nx wrote

When my 13 Pro had to be returned I was going through the same debate as you.

I was planning on the 13 as it looks like a cracking device but my RMA fortunately resulted in me getting a 14 Pro without any pay in instead.

natttsss t1_j6mzkxi wrote

The iPhone 13 will last for longer because of its battery. The iPhone 13 mini will degrade faster. Just take that into consideration.