Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60iqjn wrote

Yeah I purposefully did that so if my siblings find it they couldn't access it or something. But even though it should still be findable no

dskatter t1_j60j2e6 wrote

No. Not all models are findable when off, and since you didn’t tell us what kind you have…

Plus if it is powered down, of course it isn’t going to make noises when you try to make it play them. It’s off!

Try this: I’m assuming the phone was taken away because of something you did. Accept the punishment and don’t do more things (like taking back said phone without permission) that might bring more crap upon yourself.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60j9n5 wrote

It's an iPhone 11. And when I woke up it wasn't there beside me with no reason whatever

dskatter t1_j60k5rf wrote

So…you turned your phone off to prevent anyone messing with it (which they couldn’t anyway because passcodes, presumably) and you can’t find it now because it is off.

In theory the 11 is findable when it’s off, but that functionally requires other iOS devices around to ping it.

Ask your family where it is. You’ve tried everything.

Don’t turn it off next time. Just set a good passcode and make sure faceID requires attention to unlock so no one can unlock it with your face while you’re sleeping.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60kg09 wrote

It's also on the 16.1 OS version

dskatter t1_j60km1c wrote

Offline find my was introduced in iOS 15, so you’re good there.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j618c9r wrote

They don’t need to give a reason. You supplied in your previous, referenced posting.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j61jf0v wrote

Yeah I'm just trying to gaslight myself to make myself feel better.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j61szmp wrote

I hope not. We all make mistakes. It’s not whether a person makes, its whether a person learns from it.