Submitted by No_Tough_2137 t3_10m1156 in iphone

My iPhone was taken away by my family and it's been 3 days since I've last had it. I tried using the find my phone.com however it is only giving the general area of where my phone might be. Any way I can find the precious location inside my house please thank you.

Edit: I am using my Chromebook for the find my iphone. When I try to use the sound feature to locate it. It says sound pending

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Hyxerion t1_j60l1se wrote

Maybe ask your parents why your phone was taken away in the first place? Unless you're family is crazy, there's something you're not saying about why it was taken away, and you know it.

Deranged1337 t1_j60o3kp wrote

Hyxerion t1_j60obdl wrote

LMAO certainly looks like it. Kids gotta learn some lessons, having their phone taken away for that crap is like the least of punishments that they could realistically get.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60s0y8 wrote

Yep right on. Surprised you can still view it even though the mods didn't allow it to be posted.

dskatter t1_j62s59j wrote

Funny, you told me:

> It’s an iPhone 11. And when I woke up it wasn’t there beside me with no reason whatever

Can’t help lying, even to random strangers on the internet, eh? Starting to see why the phone was taken away now.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j617q30 wrote

Whose name is it in? If it’s in the name of someone else, it’s that person’s iPhone, not yours. You were only using that person’s iPhone.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j61jiy0 wrote

It's in my name

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j61rgsj wrote

Then it’s wrong of them to take your property unless there were parental stipulations. That being said, so long as you are living in their house and, presumptively, unable to live independently, you are at a disadvantage.

dskatter t1_j60apjg wrote

It’s probably off.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60f1hq wrote

Meaning that it's dead or not connected to wifi?

dskatter t1_j60hezm wrote

As in, “it was turned off.”

Deactivated. Powered down. Whether manually turned off or the battery is dead, the result is the same.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60iqjn wrote

Yeah I purposefully did that so if my siblings find it they couldn't access it or something. But even though it should still be findable no

dskatter t1_j60j2e6 wrote

No. Not all models are findable when off, and since you didn’t tell us what kind you have…

Plus if it is powered down, of course it isn’t going to make noises when you try to make it play them. It’s off!

Try this: I’m assuming the phone was taken away because of something you did. Accept the punishment and don’t do more things (like taking back said phone without permission) that might bring more crap upon yourself.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60j9n5 wrote

It's an iPhone 11. And when I woke up it wasn't there beside me with no reason whatever

dskatter t1_j60k5rf wrote

So…you turned your phone off to prevent anyone messing with it (which they couldn’t anyway because passcodes, presumably) and you can’t find it now because it is off.

In theory the 11 is findable when it’s off, but that functionally requires other iOS devices around to ping it.

Ask your family where it is. You’ve tried everything.

Don’t turn it off next time. Just set a good passcode and make sure faceID requires attention to unlock so no one can unlock it with your face while you’re sleeping.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60kg09 wrote

It's also on the 16.1 OS version

dskatter t1_j60km1c wrote

Offline find my was introduced in iOS 15, so you’re good there.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j618c9r wrote

They don’t need to give a reason. You supplied in your previous, referenced posting.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j61jf0v wrote

Yeah I'm just trying to gaslight myself to make myself feel better.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_j61szmp wrote

I hope not. We all make mistakes. It’s not whether a person makes, its whether a person learns from it.

hillandrenko t1_j60c3nu wrote

Try calling it.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j60dsw8 wrote

Anything else besides that I do have life 360 on it but idk if I can sign into it.

hillandrenko t1_j60ylls wrote

If you have a friend with a phone they can download one of those bluetooth detector things. They do work, I use them to find my mouse regularly. It should pinpoint your phone pretty accurately if your phone is on.

No_Tough_2137 OP t1_j61jam0 wrote

Thank you appreciate it.

hillandrenko t1_j61lere wrote

If I was your mom and I didn't want you to find the phone I would do one of two things. Either leave it in the car or take it to work and leave it there