Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ventmgk t1_j6k9yow wrote

Rice doesn't absorb moisture unless the grains are actually touching it.

Better to put it on a towel and leave it in a warm room

rennuRehT t1_j6n8wax wrote

Next time, as soon as it happens, turn it off, put it in the center of kitchen oven, set the temperature to 85°C and leave it there for 12 hours. Get it out carefully, turn it on when you can touch it and… ready to use

rennuRehT t1_j6n9duo wrote

No case, and, if possible, no screen protector…

AsianJesusGod t1_j6m4upg wrote

No. Also sad news the chemicals in pool likely killed it. Also thats an iphone 12 why and how did it get water damaged has it been repaired before

2jah t1_j6mfqml wrote

Just because it's an iphone 12 doesn't mean they can't get water damaged. It's water resistant, not waterproof. The water resistance seal becomes loose overtime. The 12 series of phones are now 2 years old.

irisd23 OP t1_j6m5snu wrote

Never been repaired before. I honestly have no clue. Someone else brought it up earlier and got downvoted to hell by people who wouldn’t bother to explain why or how..

AsianJesusGod t1_j6mfwje wrote

Okay u prob left it in heat for long periods of time repeatedly damaging the seal

yiannisred t1_j6jm3eb wrote

Until you get it to a repair place yeah😛

irisd23 OP t1_j6jmojg wrote

tragic.

[deleted] t1_j6jzar0 wrote

I thought iPhone 12 was waterproof??

−14

A1BC095 t1_j6k35pk wrote

All phones with an IP rating are not water proof, just water resistant.

[deleted] t1_j6k39sn wrote

I didn’t say all phones

−17

A1BC095 t1_j6k3gg7 wrote

“All phones” includes iPhones…. Every single one since water resistance was first advertised on the 7.

irisd23 OP t1_j6jzmue wrote

Yeah me too. I’m kinda irked. It was in the pool (shallow side) 20 seconds at most..

−3

[deleted] t1_j6jzvcb wrote

Fuck man that sucks. Maybe it’s a sign, the universe wants you to get a new phone?!! Legend has it, you could do that then get it ‘stolen’ and your insurance would reimburse you if you pay with visa lol

−9