Submitted by rasim59 t3_10m0tii in iphone

Hi guys! My brief story - first iphone - 6s plus in 2019, then couple of SE and 6's before I bought 11 in 2020, new. Then i sold it and bought an XR cause i needed money. Sold my XR and last year I've been rocking google pixel 2xl. Now it's the time to move back to apple and I've found some really good prices. F.e. - iPhone XS max ~300$, was bought in october 2020, really good conditions. My question is - is the screen gonna last one more year 'fore i switch to a newer iPhone?
Thanks to everyone for your attention and help😅

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j60iufj wrote

The XS Max is kinda old this point. They've caught my eye too, but it would be a downgrade from my SE in terms of processor.

rasim59 OP t1_j60ke8w wrote

but still for me it's gonna be an upgrade, first of all, and then secondly, I think A12 is gonna be sufficient for basic video recording in 1080 (maybe 4k rarely) and some casual youtube insta binance stuff

lil_sebastian13 t1_j60keu3 wrote

My concern wouldn’t be about the screen, I don’t see that going out unless you’re constantly dropping the phone. My concern would be more of how much has the battery been used up to this point, that’s probably the only repair you’ll have to get done on it.

MRichardTRM t1_j61x5ho wrote

You’re correct. I have a MacBook Pro that Apple says has good battery health but it only lasts about an hour off charger and needs plugged in order to turn on. It just popped up yesterday that my battery needs servicing but in the settings it still says that the capacity is good