Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blondieboo12 t1_j7qgueu wrote

We just put our notice to leave in this week. There’s been major issues with management recently. They were over 2 weeks late getting our renewal offer to us, and when they did, it was a $500 increase —wild when the very next day they started pile driving outside our window. Two of our favorite concierges have left in the past few weeks. One of the managers has a reputation for being condescending to tenants, and the other one is rarely in the office to address anything. For a building that’s only a few years old, it is in really bad shape. Our bedroom window is duct taped shut because it was inproperly installed and bent from the frame. Our dryer is unusable, as it take over 4 hours to do a load. The gates in the parking garage go out at least once a week. The hot tub on the deck (for the very few months it’s actually open) has NEVER worked. I could go on and on. You can look on my profile to see that less than a year ago I had a very different review of the property. But the past few months have wrecked my impression of the building, and I’m am by far not the only resident to share the same sentiments. The management doesn’t care about retaining model tenants…they’re prioritizing price gouging and catering to foreigners who pay for short term rentals.

Cuprunnethover2022 t1_j7qx1ml wrote

They are doing a HUGE overhaul of ShopRite & the area this year, building several huge towers. It's going to be a nightmare for the next few years. I'd avoid that area at all costs!

data__daddy t1_j7qxpms wrote

hope OP reads this... that pile driver is going to be absolute garbage to have to listen to everyday from 7am - 6pm.

Cuprunnethover2022 t1_j7qxzmx wrote

Yes, and it's going to be a loud, filthy mess even after all the pile driving is done...but someone here said 12 new towers are planned in the full overhaul of that area? Insane. I'd go nuts living there.

bodhipooh t1_j7sup70 wrote

It’s 15 buildings in total. That lot will be a construction zone for 2+ decades.

data__daddy t1_j7qzvux wrote

yeah the big parking lot in front of moderna loft has a project, parking lot by urby, and so much more.

bodhipooh t1_j7sujse wrote

The towers referenced are strictly with the Shoprite parking lot. None of the towers from that project will be located in the lots you mention.

data__daddy t1_j7u3v1b wrote

wow didn’t realize it’s 12 towers in that one lot. what a mess.

Extension_Piano_6799 t1_j7t6fvk wrote

I live in VYV, they start piledriving at 7:45 am sharp and are typically done by 9, which begs the question: the the fuck can’t they start that later?

FuriousIvan t1_j7t9xx9 wrote

Are they still pile driving? I also live in VYV and I haven’t heard any noises for the past 2 weeks besides the minor construction

Extension_Piano_6799 t1_j7u2rsw wrote

Not every morning but whatever construction they are doing I have a front row seat to lol

imaluckyduckie t1_j7s5juw wrote

Context is important here. They are just starting work on one building now. The two VYV towers are part of the plaza redevelopment and there was quite a bit of time between even those two. So yes, there will be some immediate construction, but I wouldn't worry about the rest of the plaza going up anytime soon.

pineappleexpression t1_j7t3d6t wrote

That makes it even worse. You're making it sound like they'll be doing them one-by-one

imaluckyduckie t1_j7une4i wrote

100% they build them one by one. Look at how the first two VYV towers went up.

pineappleexpression t1_j7urigd wrote

So you should worry about the rest of the plaza because it's going to take years of construction for them to finish that area. Don't rent there if you don't like dust and noise

imaluckyduckie t1_j7ut74r wrote

It'll be like 1.5 years of construction. 2-3 years of quiet. Then 1.5 years of construction. Followed by more quiet...

FanHistorical223 t1_j7qd4li wrote

Lol, says “luxury” but far from luxurious. This is someone that is currently living there and looking to move out. I’ve been here for 4 years and lease it almost up. But I mean if you want to get the “experience” then go for it!

FanHistorical223 t1_j7qdvod wrote

For sure, the amenities are alright. I think the best thing you get is the pool/outdoor area that’s open only from may to October 31st and the gym in the south tower. The north tower gym is sub par and during the winter if you want to go to the gym in the south tower you have to go downstairs, leave the lobby enter the south tower then go to the gym. I highly suggest looking for an apartment in the south tower. Even the lounge is better there.

Herecomestreble_93 OP t1_j7qd9pu wrote

Thank you for this response! Could you say more? What makes it not “luxury”?

−1

MichaelDeMarcoCEO t1_j7qeevi wrote

i lived there and its the nicest place i ever lived. insanely expensive now from what i see. theres very close attention paid to the details in unit and the amenities are top notch. probably the best luxury tower in jersey city. they will raise your rent $1k after your first year, though. be prepared to basically never interact with your neighbors. unsure if its the same now but it was a ghost town when i was in there.

−1

bodhipooh t1_j7txq7j wrote

>probably the best luxury tower in jersey city

ha ha ha… no. Definitely not even close.

MichaelDeMarcoCEO t1_j7ujd5q wrote

well it probably was in 2018 when it was brand new. im sure the new places on grand that rent for 5k are wonderful.

skippy_nyc t1_j7uludc wrote

genuinely asking. how can this be the "best luxury" tower in Jersey City? VYV is just a rental unit building managed by a company with luxury marketing but ultimately for those who can't afford to actually purchase their own condos in the area. Many luxury ones would be among the condos you can buy.